Pro Elf 100TV +6 skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Re

Post by ulvardar »

Matt, i did not want to attack you at all. It's just i feel better skills for pro elves at tourney. No offense intented. Anyway, even with your maths and numbers... i don't feel it's my way of playing. Prefer cage busting (leap on blitzer) or attacking ball carrier (kick on lino and strip ball in catcher). Maybe you have found your way succesful... my AV 7 players don't stay healthy on a jam, specially when dwarves or orcs are around.

Ned, my usual roster would be:

* 2 blitzers
* Thrower
* 3 catchers
* 5/6 linemen. If i take 5 i have 2 RR and a cheerleader, if i take 6, i have a RR.

Pro elven catchers are too good not to use them. If having just 1 RR, put leader soon in the thrower. If 2 RR, then add it later. I guess i would take the 12 elves way, better than the 2 RR way.

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I didn't take offense to anything....

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

mattgslater wrote: 3 guys have to line up on the LOS....
But not very often.

In a tournie game, most likely twice, maybe three times.

Chain pushes are much less an issue in open play while Block /Dodge (or my preference, skills on your positional players) are going to be open for you to use more often.

There are some tournies where I would consider giving Side Step to a lino.
For example, the one I attended at the weekend gave you up to ten skills.

But with only six skills this tournie being discussed isn't one of them.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
irlandes
Experienced
Experienced

Post by irlandes »

@PubBowler @uldavar

here in spain you dont see much tackle... :-?
yes, you struggle against dwarfs and CD, but it improves survivability, enhances your sidestep (blitzers) and improves mobility (catchers)

maybe I would go kick, leader, 4xdodges as putting a dodge on a lino or thrower is quite inefective. But still think its quite good...

a no block jumper is quite unreliable
a frenzy sidesteper seems good untill you need reliability on defense and not just throw someone out... you won't stay on your feet too much without dodge.
a DT one could be effective if there are lots of dodgy teams arround... still dont like it.

but, if there are 1 or 2 tackles per team then you shoud think somethig else.

[url=http://asociaciontempus.com/irungobbowl]Tournament in Irun[/url] (Spain-France frontier)
Our Irun League www.asociaciontempus.com
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

I don't think maxing out on Dodge is a terrible choice, it's just against teams who start with Tackle both Dwarf teams being fairly common in tournies), ones who rely on "Defender Stumbles" less to put you on your back (Norse or teams with four Blitzers" are going to find it easier than if you have a more flexible set of skills.
irlandes wrote:@uldavar
Ulvardar is in Spain, at least according to the NAF.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
irlandes
Experienced
Experienced

Post by irlandes »

PubBowler wrote:
irlandes wrote:@uldavar
Ulvardar is in Spain, at least according to the NAF.
lol I thought so while writing... :lol: :lol:

[url=http://asociaciontempus.com/irungobbowl]Tournament in Irun[/url] (Spain-France frontier)
Our Irun League www.asociaciontempus.com
nerdkingdan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nerdkingdan »

from ulvardar's Posts

* 2 blitzers
* Thrower
* 3 catchers
*6 linemen.
1 RR.

* Kick on lineman
* Leader on thrower
* Leap on a blitzer
* Frenzy on a blitzer
* Dodge on a catcher
* Strip ball on a catcher

This does appear to be the best option.

I put A LOT of thought into it... Here is what I got.. I Really don't like the 1 RR + the loss of a skill for the leader roll on the thrower. You also only have 1 reroll if they clobber your thrower. With that said, It does appear to be the best way. I would love to squeze 2 rerolls + Leader but you can't do that without losing the Nerves of Steel Catchers or the Side Step Blitzers, it just doesn't work.

This really does look like it takes real advantage of the Teams unique abilities. I'll miss having a tackle player though.

Thanks a lot you really showed me how this team is played and how best to take advantage of the skills they start with.

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Re

Post by ulvardar »

Here in Spain :P most tournaments are played in 1.050.000 enviroment. So... there you can have 12 elves and 2 RR.

Notes.- Depending who you are playing against, you can change Strip Ball for Block or Wrestle.

Also, you can change Frenzy for Tackle if you prefer.

Anyway, good luck with your tourney. Tell us what happened and how your team worked.