Pro Elfs TV100 +4 Skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

EndzoneDance
Rookie
Rookie

Pro Elfs TV100 +4 Skills

Post by EndzoneDance »

Hey everyone,
I was thinking about playing Pro Elfs in a tourny and wanted some input. I was Thinking my starting team would be:

1x Thrower
2x Blitzers
3x Catchers
5x Line Elfs
2x Re Rolls
1x Cheerleader

And as for skills I was thinking:

Thrower- Kick
2x Catchers- Dodge
Catcher- Wrestle

What do you all think? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
EndzoneDance

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I have not played Pro-Elfs yet in a tourney (yet), however, my inclination for this roster would be:

2 Blitzers
2 Catchers
1 Thrower
6 Linemen
3 Re-rolls

And for the skills:

- Dodge on both Blitzers.
- Leader on the Thrower.
- Kick on a Lineman.

This gives you 4 Re-rolls which is a lot of counter-punch power. 2 players with Block/Dodge/Sidestep are supremely annoying.

Hope this helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Re

Post by ulvardar »

Hi, you have a similar post that was made a few days ago.

Anyway... both rosters are not really great. You NEED 12 players. It's the most important thing, no matter what kind of players you have, but always 12. AV 7 and no dodge, and just 2 blocks in the team, means you are going to suffer a lot. So... 12 guys, whoever they are.

Now... with 3 RR (2 + Leader) is enough. But in 1 M. you can't afford 3 catchers, 12 players and 2 RR. So probably you should go in the 2 catchers route.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

2 Blitzers + 2 Catchers + 1 Thrower + 7 Linemen + 2 TRRs = 101. No can do. But I don't think you need 12 guys. You can play man-down with Pro Elves. If you've got a Catcher, you can pretty much automatically turn the game over whenever you get the ball. You can even run up the score with as few as 6 players, so long as you have your Kicker and at least one Catcher. What you can't do is play without key players.

I'd take more positionals or an Apoth before I took a 12th guy. If I took 3 Catchers, I'd spend my skills on other players, but if I took 2 (the minimum), I'd consider giving them both Dodge, unless I took an Apothecary. Dodge on Blitzers is great. With Blodge Blitzers and 3 Catchers, I'd be looking at Leader and Kick next. Another good avenue, which would take advantage of the low-skill format, would be to go for skills on linemen, say Wrestle, Wrestle, Side Step and Kick (or just one Wrestle and Leader on the Thrower; the Wrestlers are inside backers on D and open the hole for Catchers on O, the SS is the noseguard/backup corner, and the Kicker is of course a safety). That would make it easier to protect other players, particularly if you think the format will be Dwarfy (if you know nothing, assume it will be Dwarfy, as those rules are remarkably Dwarf-friendly).

If you like reserves, or like 3 TRRs a lot (neither is a bad idea), then go ahead and take two Catchers, but give them both Dodge! If you must, you may substitute Dodge for Block or Wrestle on one guy, but I wouldn't unless you just luvv them Wrestle-safeties, or you're really concerned about aforementioned Dwarfiness (even then, I'd take one or two Wrestle linos and make them inside backers: the SS noseguard and position shift buy the two squares you lose for blitzing with MA6, and make the occasional failed GFI a lot less scary). I don't think 3 TRRs is a good idea on a tournament team: PE linos don't have as much moxie as their High/Dark/Wood Elf counterparts, but the positionals are generally better players and equal or better values. In league play 3 TRRs at 1M rocks: it lets you take a nice set of positionals, with enough linemen to give them maximum development odds and the TRRs to facilitate improvement rolls. But in this context none of that matters.

So here's my set of recommendations, depending on how you organize your backfield.

A: Conventional ( / /---\ \ )
3 Catchers
2 Blitzers w/Dodge
1 Thrower w/Leader
1 Thrower (read: lineman #4)
1 Lineman w/Kick
3 Linemen
2 TRRs

B: Inverted Defense ( \ \---/ /)
2 Catchers
2 Blitzers
1 Thrower w/Leader
1 Lineman w/Kick
1 Lineman w/Side Step
1 Lineman w/Wrestle
3 Linemen
2 TRRs
Apothecary (use on first BH or Positional cas, whichever comes first)

C: Conventional w/ Reserve
3 Catchers
2 Blitzers w/Dodge
1 Thrower w/Leader
1 Lineman w/Kick
5 Linemen
1 TRR

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
boxjuggler
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Pro Elfs TV100 +4 Skills

Post by boxjuggler »

EndzoneDance wrote:Hey everyone,
I was thinking about playing Pro Elfs in a tourny and wanted some input. I was Thinking my starting team would be:

1x Thrower
2x Blitzers
3x Catchers
5x Line Elfs
2x Re Rolls
1x Cheerleader

And as for skills I was thinking:

Thrower- Kick
2x Catchers- Dodge
Catcher- Wrestle

What do you all think? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
EndzoneDance
I'd go with this. You don't need 12 players. With three cathers you don't even need 11 as they play well when short. I'd give the two blitzers dodge though, blodgers with sidestep are excellent.