TV100 Norse + 6 skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Re: TV100 Norse + 6 skills

Post by Warpstone »

If you're not going to take tackle, maybe consider Wrestle instead of Block on the Ulfs? Frenzy+Wrestle+ST4 is your best answer to annoying blodgers. I always struggle with wanting to take tackle but hating the idea of it being wasted against bashy teams like Dwarves. Wrestle is a nice hedge in that respect.

Reason: ''
Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I'd rather have my ST4 players on their feet.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Joemanji wrote:I'd rather have my ST4 players on their feet.
Me too, but my guess is you'll usually need some sort of antidote for all the blodge you're likely to see even on bashy teams.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
pfooti
Experienced
Experienced

Post by pfooti »

I wasn't really thinking about blodgers, given the somewhat limited format. Although, I do suppose there's a number of teams that can get blodge with 1 normal skill roll, and those people would likely be the designated ballcarrier most of the time too, since in a this tourney at least we don't have to worry about SPP hogs. For example, my current plan includes a blodging runner holding the ball most of the time. (blodge+surehands is even better, but I can save a TRR for picking up the ball which should happen less frequently than dodge rolls and defensive use of the skill, I think).

OTOH, having 3 frenzy pieces means often getting at least 2 hits on the ballcarrier, sometimes considerably more with judicious pushing into other figures. I could see putting tackle on the blitzer; mighty blow would help clearing the pitch of annoying figures, but tackle + frenzy is pretty handy too.

pFooti, Worst Coach Ever
GreedySmurf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GreedySmurf »

I personally like the Troll + 2 Ulf's roster.

In terms of skills, I'd go Block on the Ulf's, as Joe says I'd rather have Str 4 pieces on their feet.

For the Berserkers I've tried both options with MB, and Guard, and I think Guard works better. Maybe it's just my shitty dice, or in the couple of tourney's I've tried with them I seemed to play against all the big AV teams, but I found MB to not be a huge assistance. It was much better having a couple of guarders to get the 2D blocks working.

With the last skill of hte 6, I'd either give Tackle to one of the lineys, or Leader to a Thrower if you can fit one in.