Undead Options

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

one_second_of_insanity
Veteran
Veteran

Undead Options

Post by one_second_of_insanity »

I'm considering a couple of options for an Undead team and am interested in peoples opinions the tournament format is as follows:

TV120
Resurrection
4 normal skills max one per player do not count towards TV
max 1 star player per team
each team must have at least 1 FF

Option 1
2 Mummies
2 Wights
3 Ghouls
Setekh
3 Zombies
3 RR
2 FF

Only 11 players so not so sure

Option 2
2 Mummies
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
Setekh
5 Zombies
3 RR
1 FF

I'm not convinced on going with 2 ghouls only with this one

Option 3
2 Mummies
2 Wights
4 Ghouls
4 Zombies
3 RR
1 FF
plus something else (120k left to spend)

This has the reserve and lots of ghouls, my biggest problem is what else to put in and it may change my skill selection to: 1x sure hands ghoul, 1 x strip ball wight, 2x guard mummy, 1x tackle wight

I saw Setekh being gold in this format with S4 Strip ball and Break Tackle he frees up skill selection for other players (most likely looking at 1 Ghoul with block, one with block, and either 2xguard mummies or a guard mummy and guard or tackle wight)

Reason: ''
http://www.brawlbb.com (The BIGGEST Blood Bowl League in the Southern Hemisphere)
Winner Sandgroper Cup 4
Coach
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Undead Options

Post by Coach »

Setekh is good but costs too much.

Undead do more fine without star players at tournaments.

Go with the last roster and spend the 120k on Hack Enslash, use him when you are receiving and getting some opponents off the pitch makes things even easier.

You could set him up when kicking as well as that may encourage the other team to score quicker which is also helpful to you.

You listed five skills as well but say you can only take four.

I would probably go Block Ghoul, 2x Guard Wights and a Wrestle Ghoul. You could give Guard to a Mummy instead and take a Tackle Wight rather than a Wrestle Ghoul as well. Sure Hands is nice but it is only really Wood Elves that are likely to have Strip Ball.

Sinnebad isn't a bad option at 80k as he starts with Block and also had Side Step and Stab which can be handy against Block + Dodge players, like Hack though he will get sent off due to Secret Weapon but he doesn't get +3 to his own armour roll if the other team knock him over. Not a bad one drive option for you really and it will let you take another Zombie or Skeleton which can also let you do some fouling as it would be 13 players.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Chainsaw means you won't have to put tackle on a wight.

Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

Setekh is much more versatile than a 1-drive stab or chainsaw, imo, ignore that advice ;).

I think your option 2 looks fine.. Strip ball, Block, ST4 & Break tackle are golden in a tournament like that