Opinions on slurp/quake tourney chaos pact builds..

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Opinions on slurp/quake tourney chaos pact builds..

Post by Daht »

Roster settled on :

Dark Elf
Ogre
Troll
Minotaur
Skaven
Goblin
Marauder x5
2 reroll
apothecary

Looking at either 6 normal skills on 6 players or 1 doubles and 4 skills:

option 1)
block on minotaur
guard on ogre
pile-on on troll
dodge on dark elf
leader on marauder

tho I've been leaning more towards 6 normal skills

jugg on minotaur
guard on ogre
pile-on on troll
dodge on dark elf
leader on marauder
2 heads on gobbo

what I'm still debating is the gobbo skill for either tackle, wrestle or horns for the skaven (backfeild defence) .. just interested in opinions as I'm still new to post-2nd edition team builds

Reason: ''
Bert
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Opinions on slurp/quake tourney chaos pact builds..

Post by Bert »

With your ogre and troll if you set on those 2 skills you may want to switch them over. Troll with guard can not be activated and still be effective, needing a babysitter for really stupid being a reason. The ogre would be more mobile and gives you more options as to who to hit and pile-on to.

Makin' gravy without the lumps, Yeah Baby!
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

I agree with Bert - the Troll doesn't need to actually do anything to use his Guard, so you can risk the 2+ to hit/move when there's actually someone next to him, while the Ogre's Bonehead and higher MA will make Pile On more useful.

Other than possibly taking Block on the DElf instead of Dodge (though it can be a coinflip to choose with him), I'd say the 6 normal skills are best for Pact - they need as many +1s and Re-Rolls as they can get their hands on - and I'd agree with what you've got.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I played Chaos pact in eurobowl this year and did reasonably well (3-2-1).
This was with 1.1 mil though which suits the team better.
I used a claw on the mino (3 dize blitzes ftw) which should be even more useful for a 1mil meta game (fewer players), also keeping all your bigguys standing.
used guard on the troll and ogre, dodge on the elf, took a leader and Block on the skaven. i Think i would either drop a guarder or the block player for your 4+1 skill choices.
Getting jugger the mino might be an idea getting a skill more, but claw+MB will just rip orcs, dwarves and other AV9 teams apart.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

Yeah I like the troll/ogre switch .. Mino is the hardest decision as claw would be a doubles skill for him and be useless against some teams.. I'd go with block for the turnover safety if I go doubles.. but Jugg gives me 1 more skill for ball handling.. either 2 head gobbo or extra arms or dump off on a marauder.

I opted dodge over block since I intend the elf to be running more than hitting and the reroll use of the skill outweighs the offensive use of block. Normally on a persistant team I'd take block first (and the guard/pile on to the ogre/troll first)..

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I'd go for:

Block Ogre (briliant)
Juggs Mino (he get's good use from it)
Guard Troll
Dodge Dark Elf
Leader Marauder
Block Marauder

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

would have to drop the block marauder on that, ogre block means 4 other skills, but that's an interesting setup also.

SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

You might strongly consider Big Hand on the gob as well. Dodging everywhere and picking up anywhere on a 3+ is nothing to sneeze at.

I think I'd probably go Guard on both the Troll and Ogre, to be honest with you. Without a lot of Block, you'll be looking for more reliable 2d blocks with the non-big guys. Jug on the mino makes sense because you will be blitzing with him a lot.

Have you thought at all about only going with 2 of the 3 big guys?

Control the lightning.
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

It's a ressurection tourney so want all 3 big guys. If I were *really* concerned with maximizing my chances of winning I'd have a diff team (and lose the skaven).. my skills I'm trying to be prudent with but if I'm playing pact in a static roster I wanted all the variety in there.

not real keen on 2 guards since skills are limited and with (usually) 2 big guys on the line plus 1 or 2 linemen with a guard I should be fine.

I've considered both big hands or horns (for cage-penetrating) on the gobbo, just hard to fit it in.. one guard, jugg(or block) mino, dogde on the elf, and leader are all MUST haves..

atm I'm most fond of:
Block on ogre
jugg on mino
dodge on elf
leader on maurader
guard on troll

SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

Daht wrote:It's a ressurection tourney so want all 3 big guys. If I were *really* concerned with maximizing my chances of winning I'd have a diff team (and lose the skaven).. my skills I'm trying to be prudent with but if I'm playing pact in a static roster I wanted all the variety in there.

not real keen on 2 guards since skills are limited and with (usually) 2 big guys on the line plus 1 or 2 linemen with a guard I should be fine.

I've considered both big hands or horns (for cage-penetrating) on the gobbo, just hard to fit it in.. one guard, jugg(or block) mino, dogde on the elf, and leader are all MUST haves..

atm I'm most fond of:
Block on ogre
jugg on mino
dodge on elf
leader on maurader
guard on troll
My only thought on going with 2 big guys is that it will give you more rerolls. This team needs rerolls in the worst way, with all of the loner and the animosity. But, if you're minimizing the animosity risk, you could be OK.

See you at quake.

Control the lightning.
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

yeah losing a big guy gives me 1 more reroll, but losing the 5str/mb for it to me isn't worth it. (Leader is a 100% must tho on a maur)..

if it were progression I'd drop a big guy and pick him up after a few games..

Looking forward to meeting folks and hanging out in LA again (lived in long beach many many years ago and love the strip). This will be my first "real" tourney as the NAF wasn't around last time I played regularly :)