TV 100 Amazons + 6 Skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

TV 100 Amazons + 6 Skills

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

4 Blitzers
1 Thrower
7 Line
4 RR
1 CL
1 AC

6 skill packet, can't give any one skill more than twice. I'm thinking Guard on two blitzers, Frenzy on a third blitzer, Sure Hands on the thrower and Wrestle on two of the Lines. I sort of concluded Wrestle on the Lines because everyone's the same MA so no one really stands out as a dedicated blitzer, the Wrestle will help on Sure Hands or Blodging types to get the ball on the ground, and Frenzy is just a general havoc causer.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Reason: ''
Control the lightning.
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: TV 100 Amazons + 6 Skills

Post by Daht »

I might go fend or strip ball instead of frenzy.. amazons just don't hit very much..

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Ditch the CL and AC. Upgrade 1 Lino to Catcher.

Block on Catcher. SH on thrower. 2x Guard Blitzer. 2x Tackle Blitzer.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

I tried 2xGuard 2xStandFirm and 2xSidestep, and that was really good. It was 1.1 for what I used, but you could still get:

4xBlitx
2xCatcher (SS)
6xLine
4xRR

Would work pretty well I think.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Two guards, one surehands, and one blodge handler (wrestle, tackle, or frenzy) are must-haves.

I'd probably grab the guards, mighty blow, a frenzy blitzer, a surehands linewoman, a wrestle linewoman, and a random skill of your choosing. Pass and catch are not important skills so dont get catchers or throwers unless you intend to use the skill access. Catchers agility skill access is probably useful but I wouldnt touch a thrower unless she is hot.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Guard on 2 Blitzers, Stand Firm on 2 Blitzers, Side Step on 1 Catcher, SH on 1 Thrower. Your Blodge-hoser is having three positioning skills.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

mattgslater wrote:Guard on 2 Blitzers, Stand Firm on 2 Blitzers, Side Step on 1 Catcher, SH on 1 Thrower. Your Blodge-hoser is having three positioning skills.
Can you expand on this? I don't see how Stand Firm helps negate blodge.

Control the lightning.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Three guys with positioning skills let you corral pretty much anybody, ensuring you'll get all the blocks you need, and goes a long way toward a guarantee that there's nowhere to run to. If you can contain a Blodger, those 11/36 shots will come.

Still, I could see dropping the SH player in favor of a Wrestle or Frenzy player. All the SF/SS you'd have is great for beating strippers anyway, by keeping them off the cage and foiling leaps.

Whenever you don't know what you're facing, or which side of the ball you need help with, it's very hard to go wrong with spammed positioning skills.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.