TV105 aka NAF Championship team

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

TV105 aka NAF Championship team

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

Now that we have an idea what to expect at next years NAF Championship what are the thoughts on TV105 teams?

I'd like to go with Skaven but I think the lack of players at 105 with a RO may make it a bit of a struggle. I'd probably go with:

4 x GR, 2 x SV, 1 x RO, 4 x LM, 3 x RR

Another option might be:

4 x GR, 2 x SV, 1 x RO, 1 x TH, 4 x LM, 2 x RR

and get LEADER as the first skill upgrade. In fact, I like this option better now I re-read the rules and found you give the skills before each game :)

Any thoughts on these builds and builds for other races at TV105?

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: TV105 aka NAF Championship team

Post by spubbbba »

I’m thinking of taking humans, mostly as I have come up with a good theme for the models. But they are also quite competitive at that TV as you can get pretty much everything and they come with plenty of key skills (Block, sure hands, dodge) and other useful ones (pass, catch and MB on the ogre).

I was thinking

Ogre
4 Blitzers
1 Thrower
1 Catcher
4 Linemen

3 Re-rolls.

That gives me 11 players and 60K left to play with. I can either get another lineman, 4th RR, an apoth or maybe upgrade some of the linemen to throwers/catchers.

For skills I’ve not fully decided yet, am looking at guard on at least 2 of the blitzers, block and/or leader on the thrower(s), maybe tackle on a blitzer, block/wrestle on a lineman or catcher and guard on the ogre.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

Nick (mumbojumbo) took skaven to dungeonbowl last year at 1.05 with success. He took Rat Ogre, 1x Blitzer, 4x Runners, 1x thrower, 5x linerats, 2x Re-rolls and the apothecary. It’s a good roster, and is probably what I would take.

12 players with an apo should be enough; you’ll almost certainly finish with less than 11 but hopefully you’ll have won the game before it matters. The apo is much much better than an extra player in tournaments, especially with skaven. And you already identified you can take leader before game one for the 3rd re-roll.

As for skills, I think leader on the thrower, juggernaut on the rat ogre and a strip ball gutter runner are the first three things you should take. After that, a wrestle/block linerat will help with blocking, giving the blitzer a skill (guard or mighty blow) and a blodge gutter runner are all very nice things to have.

I have the con.
littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

Leader, Jugger and Stripball would almost certainly have been my first three choices. I like the idea of squeezing in the Apo to keep players healthy and also avoiding untimely KOs.

Now all I need to do is learn how to use the Ratter. If only I'd have took your advice 2 years ago... :roll:

[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]