TV 1100 Chaos Pact

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

TV 1100 Chaos Pact

Post by JaM »

So, I will go to the Dutch Open with "the pact".
TV is 1100, just like the NAF WC where I might use them also (still not sure).

Anyway:
TV 1100
No inducements or starplayers
1 normal skill after each round

I'm taking:

Troll
Mino
Ogre
Dark Elf
Skaven
Goblin
6 marauders
3 rerolls
1 FF, 1 AC, 1 CL.

I have a hard time deciding what skills I want on what player. I've only played 1-2 games with the Pact, but I'm familiar enough with all the different stats and all that...

I dont expect to win a lot (I'd take WE then, or Dwarfs or Skaven or...) but I'd like to cause some mayhem/chaos/casualties (yes please !), the more the merrier. A TD once in a while is good too...

Any reccomendations ? Advise ?

edit: I'm really a 3 BG-guy. IMHO that's one of THE reasons to play them !!

Reason: ''
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: TV 1100 Chaos Pact

Post by Da_Great_MC »

I've played four tournaments with Chaos PAct, posting just above average results most of the time.

I started with your line-up. Fired the Goblin after my first tournament. Fired the Skaven after the second tournament. I now play 8 Marauders. AV7 is just not worth it.

Skills? First skill Dodge on the Dark Elf is a no-brainer. Second skill either Block or Guard on a Marauder. Take the other as third skill. Fourth skill shoul be Block again on a Marauder.

Good luck 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

did ok (3-2-1) with chaos pact at eurobowl.
13 guys and all positions 2rr and a apo. Dodge on elf and a leader is the most important skills.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

You think 2 RRs is enough ? Most team I play in touranments (and league) need 3... Unless they are ELves, or it's nigh impossible (Nurgle for instance) to get 3 RRs and a decent team.

I guess apo gets used on the BGs ? And/or the Elf ?

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

well I did go for a early leader i.e. 3 re-rolls at the cost of a skill. Depending on the situation I would use the apo on any player, in many cases it was very useful for keeping KO'ed players on the field. The elf didn't get hit much but it helped getting bigguys back, they attracted alot of fouls if they went down.
13 players and a apo made it possible to play 11 guys almost every drive (very important as you will inevitably fail some big guy rolls and the team is reliant on being ahaead, as far as i see it) and foul some.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Ah, I see. I might try that then... have some time to paint an apo I guess. :)

Thanks for the advise, appreciated !

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'll go with

3 RRs
all positionals
all BGs
6 marauders
1 ff
1 ac
1 cl

The tournament doesnt give a skill till the 2nd game. Playing the first game with only 2 RRs is a receipe for disaster I am afraid.
Otherwise the 13 man roster, apo 2 RRs and leader would be my preference.

I know the skaven and the gob are a liability AV-wise, but they do bring something to the team: a 1ttd threat (a small one that is) and more movement.
The gobbo isnt that easy to knock down anyway, unless I face a load of tacklers. Then it's just dumb (un)luck.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

Thanks !

JaM

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Didnt do too bad, finishd 13th from 36 coaches. 1 loss, 2 draws and 2 wins.

Took dodge on the Delf (good choice, he was even harder to pin down now), MB on a marauder (decent, depends on the team you are facing). tackle on the skaven (had to play vs undead but he only had 2 ghouls so the tackle didnt do much), and another MB on a marauder.

Didnt take jug on the mino. I dont/didnt blitz with him enough to make it worth it's while. Some time it was enough for me to know that he just was there, scaring people away and having a tackle zone.
Same for the Ogre and the Troll.

As long as you have 3 BGs on the field you are good, with 2 positioning gets more and more important. Espescially if you have a troll, you cant leave him alone so he needs to be in the tick of it.

Even if the gobbo was in the reserves at the start most of the time, I'd still take him next time. He gives you the chance to get a 1ttd, he's as good as a marauder (you need a clear pow on 2 dice, or a clear or a pow! AND an assist if you block a maruader) in marking people, and he's sneaky enough to try some crazy stuff due to stunty.

The skaven gives you the MA you sometimes need. I didnt find the AV 7 a problem, he was shielded easily enough. On the other hand: in a tournament sometimes you've got to take one for the team. And if you cant shield or defend some players properly, you're probably losing anyway.

Had loads of fun and scored 17 casualties overall, wich could have been a few more (only scored 2 vs gobbos, but well, I did score 6 vs skaven).

PlanetTJ
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PlanetTJ »

Got a pic of your team Jam? I do love the idea of the CP teams... Not really the team to play as if you want to win the tournament though :(

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I've used the maruaderbox for marauders, but they were in my previous human team. As was the Ogre.
The Mino is an old WHQ mino minus axe (he's never been to a tournament before, therefore he went :)) and the troll is a stone troll, wich has been replaced by the Davide-troll I have. So, he's had his retirement tournament too.
The skaven is a 2nd edition skaven, the gob too but with a new arm (was a gift in a trade) and the Delf was an old thrower with a repositioned arm. Just to get your hopes up :).
(aka: they are reasonably painted but will be replaced soon by "better" minis. )

PlanetTJ
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PlanetTJ »

Cool mate look forward to it. I used a lot of the old Games Workshop minis for my Pact Team with a few conversions of my own thrown in & then some limited edition minis to finish them off. I've just found an old Lewdgrip Whiparm miniature so I might paint him up so I have him as a Star Player option for my team.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Some pics:

More over here

And, new one in the works:

The Nurgle team in the back is finished, for now, so will not take part in the CP.

PlanetTJ
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PlanetTJ »

They look cool Jam. :) the ones you are painting up is what I use for my CP Team :)

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Yeah, filed down some of them yesterday (removed flash and all that), and put them on bases.
If things go well I'll undercoat them today probably.

Still looking for smaller bigguys, I'll probably use 2 metal black orc bodies I picked up cheap to make the troll and the Ogre.
Will try something more stranger/desperate with the mino...

I should start some kind of blog, but I dont know how much time I still have before "the busy times" really kick in.
Ah well.

Glad you like them, they are definatly fun to play. I might have found "the" team for myself...