Chaos Pact for ARBBL

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

The leftover 50K is best spent on:

Poll ended at Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:31 am

Marauder
22%
Reroll
11%
Skaven
56%
Something else (listed in thread)
11%

Total votes: 9

Darkson
Da Spammer

Chaos Pact for ARBBL

Post by Darkson »

So, the Moody one is taking Pact to ARBBL, and is stuck on selection (and fast running out of playtest games!).
He has:

Ogre
Troll
Mino
Goblin
Elf
and 7 Marauders
3 RR

and 50K left - Reroll, Marauder #8 or Skaven?

If he takes a player, he's not likely to be giving it a skill. I went with Marauder, though I can see the advantage of the Skaven. I'm against the reroll because a) I think 3's enough and b) it's MoodyGit, who's rerolls are normally as bad/worse than his original roll. ;)

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Chaos Pact for ARBBL

Post by Joemanji »

Apo.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I believe he already has one, hence not listed in the options (though I've noticed I've missed it off the initial post).
At least he had one at the practise game last night...failed to heal the mino though! :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Skaven. you have enough "linefodder" already, and I found the MA 7 to be quite nice now and then. It certainly saved me some GFIs.

If your opponent(s) want to take it down (hunting it), it takes pressure of the rest, too. Let them hunt it, you still have options left. And AV 7 isnt THAT bad.

3 RRs is doable. I wouldnt take less in a tournament, most games in a tourny I indeed needed 3, 4 MIGHT have been nice but I am not sure if it would be really needed...

If I wanted 4, I'd replace a marauder with the skaven. It gives your team something uniques, he's MA 7 STR 3. great for blitzing models that broke through. He doesnt have skills, but neither have your marauders.

Just my 0.02 €