Tourney inducements.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Tourney inducements.

Post by bouncergriim »

I was just at a tournament that allowed inducements including star players (excluding cards, mercs, and journeymen). Here is how they did it... it was a 1100000 pt roster with 120000 in skills (only regular rolls, doubles, +av or +mv, no stacking skills). But you didn't get to buy the inducements... You intentionally shorted your roster and then based on what your opponents roster was worth you could induce up to their value (but you also didn't get any petty cash from not spending your entire point allotment). Is this normal/usual or just strange?

never been to a tournament before so I was confused by this.

Reason: ''
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Tourney inducements.

Post by Tourach »

This has been done in danish turnaments alot. Its a mind game thing i guess. I do prefer that you get the inducements you save money for...

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Most Australian tournaments allow all inducements, except cards. I've never seen any issues with it.

One tournament allows coaches to buy multiple normal skills per player. There has even been one which allowed doubles. I've not seen stat increases allowed. There are balance issues with that approach, but I don't think there is a balanced tournament format. I think a good answer is allowing a maximum of one normal skill per player. My ruleset is here - http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/rules.php - and its being used for the Australian state championship.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I like your ruleset Ian. I was just confused when I showed up at the tourney and they said you could get inducements, but they weren't a part of your roster and you only got them if the TV difference between you and your opponent was sufficent.

So I had wanted to induce hemlock and my opponent wanted to induce deeproot, neither of us would get the inducement we wanted, and I having not shorted my roster as much as my opponent, he would get some lesser inducements.