1.25M Undead

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Nichren
Experienced
Experienced

1.25M Undead

Post by Nichren »

Hi Guys,

I'm taking Undead to my next tournie:

1.25M Spent on players and skills, no doubles and no more then one skill/player

was thinking:

Mummy (Break Tackle)
Mummy (Break Tackle)
Wight (Tackle)
Wight (Frenzy)
Ghoul (Block)
Ghoul (Sure Hands)
Ghoul (Block)
Zombie (Block)
Zombie (Block)
Zombie (Block)
Skeleton
Skeleton

3RR
1 FF

I want to keep the break tackle for Mummy mobility; but I think I need to swap out the tackle/frenzy Wights for Guard...but then what do I do about blodgers? Swap Block zombies for a couple of wrestle Skele's?

Any ideas?

Reason: ''
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Re: 1.25M Undead

Post by SunDevil »

Just my very amateur opinion...

I'd put Guard on the Mummies. BT is nice but with 3 MV, I dont find them very mobile even when breaking away for a 2+. They should be fine just MiBing players next to them and that Guard makes all the adjacent Zombies better.

Tackle and MiB on the Wights, either one of each for flexibility or you could go Tackle on both. I like MiB on both to maximize damage though, like you said, Blodge would be an issue against you.

LOVE that you have 2 Skellies! Good luck!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Urb
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Urb »

I wouldn't go block all around on the zombies if on any. Could take block off one and upgrade both skellies to zombies. Well worth the investment. Get rid of block on all and have another ghoul with a skill. Gaurd on atleast one mummy. Break tackle on the other is ok. I'd have atleast one wrestle ghoul. Not sold on frenzy on the wight. I'd probably go gaurd or stripball.

Young Caine: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Team: 1.07M
2x Mummy, 2x Wight, 4x Ghoul, 3x Zombie, 1x Skel, 3xTRR

Skills: 180k
Mummies: (Stand Firm or Guard) x2, depending on defensive use. Noses should get Guard, Midfielders Stand Firm, and ends can't go wrong with either. One of each for my $ (Guard plays nose on defense and offside 1-tech on offense, SF guy plays midfielder and playside 2-tech, making the third line-block against ST3 lines), but if you're a big Arrowhead fan, take Stand Firm on both, while if you're newer, winning the Guard battle can be a lifesaver. I'm not a fan of Break Tackle on MA3.
Wights: Guard, (Tackle or Frenzy). 1x mobile Guard is great on defense, and 1x Guard helps a lot on the OL. For the other one, you can make him a hunter.
Ghouls: Block, Wrestle, (Block or SS), (Block or SS or SH). 1x Blodger is really nice, and a Wrodger is about the best safety you can get. Even just one SS/Dodge winger can really change the way you cage and hedge, and opens up a lot of opportunities to pressure, especially with Mummies on the interior.
Skel: (Dirty Player or Kick). This is your toolbox safety. Skels are better than Zs at this role.
Zombies: 3x Rookie. Their job is to get hit.

Alternate: use this if you run the standard Zig, with rookie Zs at midfield.
Mummies: Guard x2 (ends)
Wights: Guard x2 (flanks)
Ghouls: Block x3 (wings, nose), Wrestle (safety)

Alternate 2: Drop 2 Ghouls in favor of a Skel and a Zombie. Get DP on the Skel, Kick on a Zombie, and Block on the other Zombies. MB on the Wights.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.