Picking a Team 1200 with skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Voodoosxgd
Rookie
Rookie

Picking a Team 1200 with skills

Post by Voodoosxgd »

I thought I would come and worship at the Mecca for Blood Bowl and get some advice while I was here.

Here is the tournament set up. It is a resurrection style format.
r
Only official teams in the Competition Rules Pack + Slaan, Chaos Pact and Underworld are allowed.
• Teams start with 1,200,000 gold.
• Teams must start with at least 11 players (including star players) and at least 1 fan factor.
• You can assign 4 normal skills, 1 each to 4 separate players.
• A maximum of 1 star player may be bought for the cost listed.
• You may purchase any of the inducements, except for mercenary players and Special Play Cards.

There is a seperate reward for Stunty Cup, so there will be quite a few Stunty teams as well. The current break down is looking something like this.

Amazon - 1
Chaos Dwarf - 1
Dark Elf - 3
Elf - 1
Goblin - 2
Halfling - 1
High Elf - 1
Human - 2
Lizardman - 1
Orc - 1
Skaven - 3
Undead - 1
Wood Elf - 1

There will be about another 20 odd teams there as well, but this is what is confirmed so far. Quite high on Elf/Skaven.

I'm planning on taking Norse along and I'm looking for some feedback on choices and skill selection.

Here is my list.

Ulfwerener x 2
Norse Berserker x 2
Norse Runners x 2
Norse Linesman x 6
4 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor

Brings me up to 113000, leaving me with 70000 left over.

Skill wise I'm looking at Block for both Ulfwereners so I have Block everywhere. I'm also thinking Dodge for one of the Runners to be the main ball carrier. For the last skill I was going to run with Tackle on a Berserker. Combined with Frenzy I should be able to take down some of the more annoying ball carriers or runners.

My main delimma is what do to with the remaining money. I'm thinking of either trying to accomadate Helmet Wulf the Chainsaw Star Player or going down the path of the Snow Troll. Being a Res format I haven't bothered with an Apothecary.

So a final list would look something like this...

Ulfwerener x 2
Norse Beserker x 2
Norse Runner x 1
Helmut Wulf x 1
Norse Lineman x 5
4 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor
1 Cheerleader

or this...

Ulfwerener x 2
Norse Beserker x 2
Norse Runner x 2
Snow Troll x 1
Norse Lineman x 4
4 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor
2 Cheerleader
1 Ass Coach

or lastly... forsaking hitting power for durability...

Ulfwerener x 2
Norse Beserker x 2
Norse Runner x 2
Norse Thrower x 1
Norse Lineman x 5
Apothecary x 1
Rerolls 4
1 Fan Factor

Again thanks for any comments... and thanks for wading through this massive wall of text!

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Picking a Team 1200 with skills

Post by inkpwn »

Definatly take the snow troll +mighty blow. Busts all armour on a 7, that way you can rip through treemen/Chaos dwarfs/orcs/whatever. With all the low strength in this tourny he can also rip a hole in the oppositions defence to run your players through.

If you can, try to fit a wizard in for a more creative build, maybe sacrafice a re roll, AV7 pieces hate fire balls.

Voodoosxgd
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Picking a Team 1200 with skills

Post by Voodoosxgd »

Cool thanks for the suggestion. I'll be play testing some builds over the next month and will report back. I have found the perfect Snow Yeti model as well :D