Resurrection Tournament Racial Balance

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Resurrection Tournament Racial Balance

Post by Hitonagashi »

Hey guys,

I was putting my teamlist together for the NAF, it's my first TT tournament and I was wondering if there is any specific racial slants I should be aware of in resurrection tourneys? For example, if I was playing high TV FUMBBL blackbox games, I'd be tooling up to fight Nurgle/Chaos for the majority of my games.

I'm suspecting that typically the racial balance is even or skewed slightly towards elves, but I'm interested in finding out!

Reason: ''
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Re: Resurrection Tournament Racial Balance

Post by SillySod »

It depends very much on the tournament. Are you going to the NAF Championship?

In general the teams that do well are teams that have lots of good starting skills. I'm talking about block and dodge, teams that start with lots of either generally perform well. If you are used to fumbbl then you will be suprised just how well undead do. Undead dont see too much press on fumbbl (they dont win majors) but they are ridiculously powerful in resurrection tournaments. Lizardmen also break the trend although they do signifcantly better in TV110 tournaments and tournaments where they get a bundle of skills right from game one.

Also: plan to take sure hands. Strip ball isnt big on fumbbl but it sees alot of use in tournaments. Failing to take a sure hands player will cost you a game.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Hmmm, thanks.

I'm taking lizzies, so Sure Hands would have to be a saurus skill...it is the NAF Championship.

I can imagine how well Undead perform...I'm considering taking Helmut along for the good times. My logic is currently that if he forces the opponent to score early, that's not that bad a thing, and I can go for a 2-1 grind win. He's also the best chance I think I've got at low TV of taking down blodgers.

(1 Krox, 6 saurii, Helmut, 3 skinks, 2 rr's and 1 coach/cheerleader)

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

Hemlock all the way rather than the saw.

Hemlock is only 60k more and he's a jump-up/stab player (an action that can kill your opponent and has 0 chance of turnover on a 2+) against blodgers (usually AV7) he can blitz them and his sidestep comes handy afterward to remain in contact.

Finally his loner skill is not such a bad thing since he can reroll his own failed dodge with the dodge skill and stab doesn't require a RR.

If you face AV9 teams then you can use him more passively as an annoying roadblock (blodge/sidestep can be a pain)

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

You might want to check if you can buy a star player as part of your minimum 11 players or whether you have to have 11 normal players before you can buy a star.

I cant say I'm a big fan of a lizardman chainsaw but other people will have more experience there.

Lizardmen are one of the teams that probably cant/shouldnt take sure hands. Some teams just have to go without :( I would go for lots of block although sure hands would be a good choice if you like running the ball with a saurus anyway.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

SillySod wrote:You might want to check if you can buy a star player as part of your minimum 11 players or whether you have to have 11 normal players before you can buy a star.
If I remember correctly, you have to have a valid team (i.e. 11 rostered players) before you can buy Stars, but my adobe is playing up, so I can't open the pdf to check. :evil:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Darkson wrote:
SillySod wrote:You might want to check if you can buy a star player as part of your minimum 11 players or whether you have to have 11 normal players before you can buy a star.
If I remember correctly, you have to have a valid team (i.e. 11 rostered players) before you can buy Stars, but my adobe is playing up, so I can't open the pdf to check. :evil:
Hmm, I've seen that on other tourney rules, but I couldn't find it in the NAF document.

With regards to Hemlock Vs Saw, it's not quite that simple...it's Hemlock vs a saw and Kroxigor..if I take Hemlock, I either have to drop a RR or drop the Krox for a skink...I agree Hemlock is a lot better, but I think PT and a saw is better vs blodgers than the stab attack, especially as a fair few elven(DE/HE) blodgers will have AV 8.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I don’t think any of the Lizzie stars are worth the money at such low TV.

I used Lizardmen last year and managed 4/1/1 which I was pretty pleased about as I’d not played with Lizardmen much, particularly in that kind of environment.

This year you get an extra 50K and start with a skill.
For your money you can get.
1 Krox
6 saurus
4 Skinks

3 Re-rolls

You could drop a re-roll for an extra skink or apoth.

For skills it’s the really dull choice of mass block on the saurus with maybe 1 taking BT.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.