Chaos Pact TV 1000

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

Chaos Pact TV 1000

Post by JaM »

So, I've got this nice and small tourney coming up in July. TV will be 1000 (standard, so to speak) skills will be random on random players (i.e. you roll for the player, then you roll if you get a skill, double, stat, etc).

I was going to skip the Dark elf, but he's too good as a ball carrier and mobile (easy dodges, well relatively or however it's spelt) threat.
I like the gob for the 1ttd idea and he brings flavour to the team. The skaven is good enough with it's movement. I like him.
I dont see a reason NOT to take 3 BGs, the team might not be competitive but at least with 3 biggies you can cause some hurt.

So:

3 BGs
6 marauders
skaven
gobbo
darkie
2 rerolls.
12 players

2 rerolls isnt a lot, but skipping the darkelf for a reroll almost guarantees me using one to pick up the ball anyway. At least, that's the idea.

3 rerolls and all the BGs sees me with more or less basic linemen and only 11 players. Casualties will hurt. As will fouling/failing.

Any ideas ? If I'd to skip a BG, I'd probably dith the troll. RS is bad if the rest of the team has to move forward. Pushing opponents next to your mino isnt that hard (MOST of the time) anyway. And a solitair mino will stay a threat. A lonely troll is basically just a square you cant enter...

Reason: ''
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Chaos Pact TV 1000

Post by ulvardar »

Well, i'm not totally skilled with the team, but your roster is correct. 12 players, 2 RR.

You can always give leader with a basic skill to a marauder, so you would get the third RR.

Don't take troll out. Sure RS is bad, but at least he's AV 9, ST 5 and regenerates. And RS is easily negated if he's next to the ogre. Both together can open nice holes in the line or lead your cage forward.

The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

Does the Ogre negate RS on the Troll?

[EDIT: ahh my bad, any non-RS player will do]

Carpe Nasem
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Most TV100 teams will only have 11 players on their roster. Try to make as many 3D blocks as possible, Mighty Blow should do the trick. Once you get the numeric advantage, things just might go fine 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Allright, 12 players it is.

Thanks !

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I would go for the exact same roster!

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I think that's what I took last year... did ok... well within the top half IIRC...5th or somewhere around that..
Then again I got Block on the Ogre fairly early... but Leader early if a Marauder comes up is a must...

Random skills are just too unpredictable... I'm sure Geggster's still smiling about his Block Dauntless Halfling taking my Pact apart... I am now but I wasn't at the time! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Deathwing wrote:Random skills are just too unpredictable... I'm sure Geggster's still smiling about his Block Dauntless Halfling taking my Pact apart... I am now but I wasn't at the time! :D
I've always had a hard time with Chaos Pact vs Halflings too, you don't have enough Block to reliably take out the 'flings.

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Da_Great_MC wrote:
Deathwing wrote:Random skills are just too unpredictable... I'm sure Geggster's still smiling about his Block Dauntless Halfling taking my Pact apart... I am now but I wasn't at the time! :D
I've always had a hard time with Chaos Pact vs Halflings too, you don't have enough Block to reliably take out the 'flings.
well 6 dice with the mino every (-1/6) turn should remove quite some halflings ...

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden