Halflings! Tournaments! Oh Yeah!

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

van der vaart
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Halflings! Tournaments! Oh Yeah!

Post by van der vaart »

txapo wrote:If star players alowed Puggy is a must. Zara an option. Even once saw both and the team behaved greatly.
Just out of curiousity...how did they use Zara? I took her once in my 'Fing team and she was awful. But that was probably due to the fact that i didnt really know what to do with her (and my bad dice)

Reason: ''
Commish of the Geelong And Regions Blood Bowl League;GARBBL!
Check us out at http://geelong.bloodbowlleague.com or Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/#!/GARBBL
I have a blog! http://nubs11.blog.com/
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

The guy used her as a kind of ball carrier/blitzer. And of course stabing every undead she could find in her way!!

betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by betterZthenDeaD »

My first tournament will be Rocketbowl in October... Think I've got quite a nice little set-up in mind now. Skill selection is 'interesting' and Pug has given the stunties a bit of a boost (in the 'flings case its the 50k Chef! Oh yeah! :orc: ).

betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

betterZthenDeaD wrote:My first tournament will be Rocketbowl in October... Think I've got quite a nice little set-up in mind now. Skill selection is 'interesting' and Pug has given the stunties a bit of a boost (in the 'flings case its the 50k Chef! Oh yeah! :orc: ).
Slight change of plan... It's now (hopefully!) Vaultbowl in September. Only one double skill, so thinking how I can best use a Break Tackle Treeman. Oh the (cage breaking) possibilities! :orc:

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

It's one double each day for Stunties. :wink:

betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

mattwhile wrote:It's one double each day for Stunties. :wink:
Cheers for clearing that up Matt! Bit of a blonde moment there I'm afraid. :oops:

Saying that I may still consider the Break Tackle though... I'm thinking maybe Leader or Hail Mary Pass on the second day just to confuse people! :orc:

Besides there's only so many side-step/diving tackle 'Flings you can take.

Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

A good roster for flings to start on a tournament:

2 Treeman
14 Flings
4 RR
2x Cheer
2x Assistent
6x FF

or

2 Treeman
13 Flings
5 RR
2x Cheer
2x Assistent
3x FF

If you can get a cook take him ALWAYS instead of a RR or the FF.

In both ways you have normally more player as the opponent and a very good chance to get the FAME. So you are able to get more RR on the Kick Off-table. NEVER give your opponent the possibility to get RR. You NEED them!

Skills:
I like Treemen with Break Tackle. They are great. Don't give them Guard. Go Blitzing with the Treeman because they can use RR. Everytime try to Block with 3 Dices.

Flings take Side Step, Diving Tackle, 1x Sure Feet or Sprint, 1x Catch. If the tournament allows to take doubles then it will be very interesting.

Good skills are always Sure Hands, Block. But if you have a Blodger opponents always go crazy and ALWAYS try to hit em out. That's the same with Treeman. Most opponents think it is best to get him down.

I always take 1x Wrestle and 1x Dirty Player. The Wrestler takes an opponent player down and the dirty player takes him out with enough assistents that allows you to take DP on the injury roll. The most teams play on tournaments with 11 maybe 12 players. So if you can reduce these teams by 2-3 players you have a quite easy game against them.