TV 120 Tourney Roster, Help!

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

TV 120 Tourney Roster, Help!

Post by wedge22 »

I am trying to come up with a competitive 120TV Roster for an upcoming Tournament here in Vancouver, I am toying with either Dark Elves or for fun Goblins as I have both teams fully painted and ready to play. The Tourney is swiss style 4 games resurrection.

Here is a quick rundown of the Tourney rules regarding rosters:

PURCHASING FROM THE INDUCEMENT OPTIONS
All Star Players are available (for their relevant teams) at their FULL costs; ie, Griff Oberwald is worth 320,000 GC. These stars are treated as players on your roster, though they naturally will still suffer from LONER. Any team may purchase up to two star players, and opposing teams may indeed purchase the same star for the same game.

Goblins may purchase up to 3 Bribes for 50,000 GC each; other teams may purchase them for 100,000 GC each.

Halfling coaches may purchase a Halfling Chef as part of the coaching staff for 100,000 GC; others for 300,000 GC. Any team may purchase up to 2 Bloodweiser Babes for 50,000 GC each.
Any team able to purchase an Apothecary may add up to two Wandering Apothecaries for 100,000 GC each.
Teams eligible for an Igor may add one for 100,000 GC.

Wizards, Mercenaries, Extra Team Training and Special Play Cards are not allowed.

SKILLS
After you have purchased the players for your team, you may outfit some of the players with additional skills. The following restrictions will apply: you may not add skills to Star Players; you may not add more than one skill to any player; and you may not add the same skill to more than two players on your team.

The skill options are as follows:
Six players may be given one "Normal" skill, that is a skill from any Category listed as "Normal" for that player.
4 players may be given one "Normal" skill, and 1 player may be given a "Double" skill.
2 Players may be given one "Normal" skill each, and 2 players may be given a "Double" skill.

To determine which skills are "Normal" and which are "Double," see pages 54-60 in the Competition Rules set.

My current DE Roster is below.

4 Lineman
4 Blitzers Block, Dodge
2 WE Wrestle on both
Eldril Sidewinder
2 RR

I have never played Goblins, therefore I am still working on a Roster, suggestions welcome.

Reason: ''
Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: TV 120 Tourney Roster, Help!

Post by JaM »

Make sure you can add your starplayer to your roster before having 11 men. Some tournaments want you to have an 11 men team before adding stars.

I find your team a bit small. I'd rather go with some more players (a runner perhaps ?) and maybe an apo, 11 men is 'tight'. I'm not sure I'd use the starplayers, if they were allowed.

Gobbos:
all weapons, 4 rerolls, 3 bribes, full roster, no idea if you have cash left but something like that.
MB on the bal&chain, dodge on the chainsaw, SA on a troll, BT on the other troll, HMP on the bombardier.

wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

Thanks.

I am going with the Gobbo Team, should be fun.

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

Ok so thanks to JaM I now have this great roster, all I need to determine is where to use the last normal skill as I am allowed 4 Normal skills with 1 Doubles skill. I was thinking Sprint on a Goblin or maybe a skill for the Pogoer, although not sure which one.

9 Goblins
Bombadier Hail Mary Pass my one Doubles skill
Looney Dodge
Pogoer
Fungus the Loon (only 10k more than normal Fanatic and he has MA4 and MB)
Troll Break Tackle
Troll Strong Arm
4 RR
3 Bribes

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

perhaps diving tackle somewhere ?
Otherweise sprint, maybe on a normal gob (the one you TTM with ?).

Never used sprint in tournaments, I only get 5 skills tops in the tournaments I play in.

Good luck ! :)

Headstrong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Headstrong »

take the last skill pack <2 Players may be given one "Normal" skill each, and 2 players may be given a "Double" skill.>

then give both trolls Block, looney dodge, pogoer surehands. or drop the bomber and a goblin and pick up another fanatic with MB.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Headstrong wrote: drop the bomber
no way, hail merry pass on a bomber is about a fireball each turn, your caging opponent cannot ignore this threat (think about dwarfs, orcs etc...) this is a game winner.
i found very usefull sidestep on the skinks (avoid being blocked twice in the same turn, roadblock, put you in scoring position , put you in contact to the ball carrier, etc ... ), maybe you can give it a try on the gobs