Underworld Skills for Resurrection 1150

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Underworld Skills for Resurrection 1150

Post by betterZthenDeaD »

So, I'm taking Underworld in a local tournament and we're allowed one double skill and three normal skills on day one and a further three normal skills on day two. Do I go all Block (Troll, linerats, throwers)? Two headed Goblins?Hail Mary Pass and Diving Tackle? Claw on the Blitzers? What are your thoughts or suggestions?

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Underworld Skills for Resurrection 1150

Post by Smeborg »

You can take a full 16 player roster for 1,150,000:

Troll, 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Linerats, 9 Gobbos, 3 Re-rolls, Apoth

16 players means you can do things like foul a lot.

With 7 skills available in total, I would be tempted to give skills to the Troll and Skaven players only - at least they have a chance of staying out of the dugout.

Block is good on the Troll, but I wonder if it is as good as Claw??? I like to give Guard to the Blitzers, that way you get to make plenty of blocks. Block is good on the Throwers, Wrestle on the Linerats. Leader (Thrower) and Kick (Linerat) are options worth considering. As to the order in which skills should be taken, I am not sure.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
greymurphy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by greymurphy42 »

If you're allowed stars, you could consider dropping 3 goblins and swapping one for Skitter Stab-Stab :D

I'm planning to take Underworld to BBOING at the end of September, and I've played a couple of practice games with block on the troll, 2 guard blitzers, 2 wrestle linerats and extra arms thrower. Finished 1-1 vs Dark elves, and a 4-2 win vs skaven.

I think the block vs claw debate depends on the mix of teams you expect to face. You could even consider tentacles for the troll if you are expecting lots of agility teams.

My opinion...block the troll, guard both blitzers and wrestle a linerat on day one

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

I would definitely look at Skitter and Fezglitch as good options. Personally I would like a little claw, either on the troll or a blitzer on day one. Skills should probably go on the Skaven, but 2-headed gobbos are surely the reason to play the team? :wink:

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

My suggestion:

Troll - Claws
2x Goblin 2 heads
1x Goblin Guard
1x Goblin Horns
Whatever you want on stormvermins.