Human team with 4 catchers?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Human team with 4 catchers?

Post by Oly1987 »

Just wondered if anyone has ever run a human team with 4 catchers in league or tournament play and how effective is it?

Reason: ''
4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Human team with 4 catchers?

Post by burgun824 »

I always have the goal to run 4 catchers with two built for offense and two built for defense. Unfortunately I can't ever quite seem to keep them alive long enough to have all 4 of them in the game at the same time.

WHICH IS ANOTHER HUGE REASON WHY I BELIEVE HUMAN CATCHERS SHOULD BE ST3! :wink:

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Lol burg ive been involved with the other thread your on about but I've said what I wanted to say on there

4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Just for grins anyway. :D

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I working on it.

But yeah I would try and run 4 catchers. Go 2 at the moment but only played 7 games. Would like a bit more offence but when you get blitzers who think they are amazons it is hard to ignore (I don't want anymore doubles!)

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I have done it.

It did not go very well, but I think that it could, with a bit of practice. Give them all blodge, and then you can do the 'step away' defence. People always get 2 dice on their blitz anyway, so it doesn't matter. And, of course, your speed will be incredible.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Catchers are just too fragile to start with 4 of them, they will always be key targets since it is easy to get 2 dice on them and with AG3 they are not that great at catching or dodging even with the skill re-roll.

If you knew you would be facing slow bashy teams that lack tackle or much block such as chaos, orcs or khemri then I could see some merit as you’d lose the blocking war to them anyway so may as well make the most of your advantages in speed an agility.

But against all comers then you’d be one of the weakest blocking teams and would risk getting beat up by hybrid teams such as skaven or Necros and even dark/high elves could be a risk since they’d have equal armour but higher strength and the ability to pick their fights better.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

I did win a small one day 3 match tournament with 4 catchers, 4 blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Linemen and 2 TRR's.

But I was very lucky, 10 TD's to none tells it's own story.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

4 Catchers on the roster? Crazy, but conceivable on, say, a 13-man squad. I think 2-3 is optimal.

4 Catchers on the field? That would make defense really hard. Play Skaven if you want to win with those games! Would be nice on late drives....

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

These are not Gutter Runners. Never 4 on the pitch in one go. Maybe 2 offence and defence.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

DEFINITELY never all 4 in one go. No more then 2 on the pitch at a time. I don't think that was the point of the question though was it?