FUMBBL Cup: Ruined my team, need to pick an alternative.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

FUMBBL Cup: Ruined my team, need to pick an alternative.

Post by mattgslater »

http://fumbbl.com/~JackassRampant

Was gonna take the Wildsquigz, but the BOB squad died, and 10 days isn't long enough to build the team back up, as their five-game losing streak attests.

Now, I have to decide which team to take. I want to go bash... but how?

Soft White Underbelly? Sweet, but bloated.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=647984

Right in da Face? A good team, needs some skilling to be really good.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=669918

Or do I want to build up one of the other teams I've got? Not sure which. The Underbelly and the Orkazons are really my leading choice.

How many games should I try to play before then? I'm figuring I can play one a day... if I want to play the Orkazons, I probably want to play them every day. If I want to play the Undead, I'm willing to entertain any argument from "play a game every day until you get some complementary skills" to "sit on what you got and compare it to RitF at the deadline."

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: FUMBBL Cup: Ruined my team, need to pick an alternative.

Post by phil78 »

I'd take your high elves.

Find a couple of games to try and skill a couple of extra catchers and off you go

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Even with no doubles skills?

I have to confess, my High Elves' record is what it is because people always want to play agility teams against them. I don't know how I'd crack an Orc cage with that team... no Dauntless, no Guard. Dwarfs might be even worse, given that I've got 220k invested in Dodge....

Rrrr... paper scissors rock. Man, this makes me wish I still had Drognarkh and Fnorgrerm! Rrrrr.... that would have made it much easier.

Hmmm... if I hire two rookie Catchers and Dodge them up, I'll have 14 men and be well over 2M gold.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil78 »

scrub that idea, with all the +ST it's Soft White Underbelly all the way

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Yeah. That's kind of why I made the long-term pick on that Dodgestep BOB for Right in da Face. Undead with 4x +ST is just crazy.

klauser
Veteran
Veteran

Post by klauser »

That's a sicko UD team. I'd def go with them. But what's with all the skellies? Shouldn't you have at least 3 Zombies for LOS duty?

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

klauser wrote:That's a sicko UD team. I'd def go with them. But what's with all the skellies? Shouldn't you have at least 3 Zombies for LOS duty?
I change up my lino selection frequently. I'm running 3 Skels until I skill one and get SPP on another one, and until I finish the FC or determine that I'll face a minimum of Claw. I'll hire 1-2 more Zombies before the FC starts, because my TV is pretty reasonable. For the time being, my goal is to a) build another Wrestler, b) manage in the face of the Clawbombers that are most likely to be willing to play me, and c) offer up some AV7 fodder as an inducement to play against a team with 4x +ST.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Oh, well. Nuffle had other plans. Killed off all my +stat guys in one game. Retired the team in a fit of pique.

Same thing happened to the last team. I think this is a reiteration of what Nuffle told me a long time ago, but I had stopped paying attention:

"THOU SHALT NOT PLAY IN TOURNEYS."

No FUMBBL Cup for me. :cry:

klauser
Veteran
Veteran

Post by klauser »

You had all four +ST guys die in a single game? :o Ouch.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

No, but two died and the best Ghoul got retired. Dead team.

I've applied the Armpittsburgh Stolen, my 1380 Human team, and Right in Da Face, my 1720 Orc team. I told PurpleChest that I think the Humans (plus mobs of inducements) are maybe more competitive, but the Orcs have Tackle and the Humans don't yet (tried, failed to get one in a prep game, won't have time for another), plus they'll have lots of options too. He'll probably enter my Orcs, but either way I'm happy.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Entered my Orcazons. First matchup against our very own spubbbba! 350k underdogs, thinking Wiz, Urgoth, Bribe.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=669918

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=363591