TV 1100 Norse

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

TV 1100 Norse

Post by mepmuff »

For the upcoming brassbowl I've decided to bring Norse. The tournament is TV 1100 and allows 3 normal skills to be picked on day 1 and 2 normal skills and one double on day 2.

I'm looking for a setup with 3 rerolls and 13 players. I might consider 12 players and an apo, but I like the 13 player roster better to allow for send-offs by fouling.

I consider both berserkers and at least one runner a must have. The snow troll is just too much fun to leave at home.

That gives me the following basis to start with:
140 - Snow Troll
180 - 2 Berserkers
090 - 1 Runner
450 - 9 lineman
180 - 3 rerolls

that adds up to 1040, leaving 60k for:
1 upgrade to a wolf
1 upgrade to a runner and 2FF

Another option would be to drop 1 reroll and take a thrower with leader, leaving 100k for upgrades, possibly:
1 wolf, 1 runner
1 wolf, 4FF/AC/CL

Skills:
Leader on the thrower
MB on the troll
Guard on the wolf (if picked)
Dirty Player lineman
Dodge on the runner
MB on the Berserker, or perhaps tackle (depending on the amount of dodge @ the tourney)

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Re: TV 1100 Norse

Post by Gorbad »

mepmuff wrote:Thoughts?
Yeah.. you won with freaking Khemri last year, why the hell are you asking for advice? :lol:

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Just because I won some games, doesn't make me less clueless :D

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

For sure, don't take any tackle, and tell everyone around you to do the same. It's not worth it :D

Back to topic, I have no experience playing norse, but as an opponent, I always find their WW to be very good, so I advise you to taake at least one, possibly with block.

With one of my friends, we're coming to Brassbowl too, and he plans to go norse, and while playtesting, his WW have been a pain to me in this setting. :wink:

That, plus my AV rolls against them are always freaking 8s :roll:

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

Well.. regarding Tackle, for some reason the Brass Bowl is always a bash heavy tournament, and now that you cannot stack skills like last year, I think you won't see too many Dodgers.

Not to say you won't need it, or that there won't be anyone with Dodge, but I'd be more likely to trust on Frenzy to take Blodgers down, as it will be useful against everyone.