Wood Elf 1.2mil for Doubt2; 11 Linemen 1 Morg

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Akka
Veteran
Veteran

Wood Elf 1.2mil for Doubt2; 11 Linemen 1 Morg

Post by Akka »

Hi guys! I'm thinking of taking wood elves to our local tournament, Doubt 2. It's 1.2 million and you get to buy a Star Player if you want. You still need 11 regular players though. There are skill packages, 4 Normal skills, 2 Normal 1 Double, 2 Double skills.

I was thinking of taking 11 linemen, four with Pro, and Morg'n'Thorg. This means no Team Re-rolls...

What do you think? Is this just crazy, or could Morg live up to his reputation with some elf backing?

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Wood Elf 1.2mil for Doubt2; 11 Linemen 1 Morg

Post by DoubleSkulls »

if your intent is to win, crazy. Morg just isn't good value - you'd get four positional players for the same price.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Crazy if you want to win.

Awesome idea using the Avatar. Love the look of the team.

I'd go with a double package, take Leader dodge and dodge if you really want to try that. Give a dodge dude the ball.

SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

If you want to use morg then an elf team probably isnt the way to go. Morg works best on a team with bargain bn linemen.... woodie linemen are expensive and they arent even especially good for their price. Amazons boast the best linemen (and cheap RRs/positionals) but norse, orcs, halflings, goblins etc all have some merits as part of a Morg team.

Edit, for some reason the picture didnt load first time so I just saw the avatar.... woah, cool team :)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

SillySod wrote:If you want to use morg then an elf team probably isnt the way to go. Morg works best on a team with bargain bn linemen.... woodie linemen are expensive and they arent even especially good for their price. Amazons boast the best linemen (and cheap RRs/positionals) but norse, orcs, halflings, goblins etc all have some merits as part of a Morg team.

Edit, for some reason the picture didnt load first time so I just saw the avatar.... woah, cool team :)
Yar this is true, Morg on a zon team would work best of all.