Norse Snow Troll usage for TV110

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Norse Snow Troll usage for TV110

Post by Warpstone »

The Snow Troll looks like an awesome player... but he's expensive and still prone to the usual big guy pitfalls (nega-trait, loner + cost).

In your experience, do most successful Norse tourny rosters include or exclude the Snow Troll?

Reason: ''
Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Norse Snow Troll usage for TV110

Post by Tourach »

well he has easy access to claw mb, together with the possibility of 3 dice blocks with frenzy makes him really valid imo.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I think of the Norse teams at the World Cup most of them included him. Below 1.1m I think he gets more marginal, but many popular teams (Orcs & Dwarves) hate seeing S5 Claw players, particularly if you've got MB too.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Norse are a pretty expensive and fragile team so you have to either choose between positionals or numbers up to a fairly high TV. The Ulfwereners, berserkers and runners are all great and a thrower is always useful as a leader caddy since re-rolls are expensive so low in number as well. As the Snow Troll is so expensive then you are probably better off getting more positionals or some subs at lower TV.

I could see him being nasty at higher TV when you have other players to support him and think he’d do well in tournaments where you assign skills at the start. Claw/MB combined with Frenzy and ST5 would be very nice against high AV teams. Plus with the rest of the team having block they are pretty reliable.

I took norse to the GT a few years back which was 1 mil then so took the Snow Troll, 2 Ulfs, 1 runner, 1 berserker, 1 thrower, 5 linos and 2 re-rolls. The Snow Troll was not brilliant really but his claw was not that useful as I faced Lizardmen, High Elves and Halflings 4 times.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.