TV 1200 High Elfs

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

TV 1200 High Elfs

Post by JaM »

Hi all,

in September (yes, long time away, but perhaps it's time to start practicing eh? :wink: ) there is the BUBBLE. a TV 1200 tournament, with some special skill-rules.
These were used last year:
Skill progression
This will happen at two points in time. First at team creation (chosen skills) and after round 3 (random skills).
Before round 1: Each team gets 4 skill points. One skillpoint can be spent on a normal skill, for two skillpoints you can take a stat increase on a lineman type. (0-12 or 0-16 position). ...<snip>...
A single skill may only appear on the roster twice at this point! (not including starting skills of course)

After round 3: Each teams gets 4 skills on 4 randomly selected players. Skills have to be rolled on 4 different players but can stack with skills (or increases) given before round 1. For tier 1, 1 of those may be a double, for tier 2, 2 of those may be a double and for tier 3, 3 of those may be a double. It’s not allowed to give one of those doubles to a player that already had a double skill or a stat increase. A single skill may only appear on the roster three times at this point! (including skills chosen before round one, bu not including starting skills) The random players and skills will be decided witnessed by and in presence of your round three opponent. The results of this will need to be filled out on the results sheet.

I am willing to try my hand with High Elfs.

Roster:
2 blitzers
4 catchers
1 thrower
5 line elfs
3 rerolls
1 apothecary

TV 1200.

blitzers: dodge.
catchers: wrestle (really?).

Round 3 is random, but a double can be guard, others might include block or sidestep.

Doable? Workable? Anyone here with experience with High Elfs in tournaments?

Reason: ''
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Re: TV 1200 High Elfs

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

I would rather give 3 x Dodge on Catchers and 1 x Wrestle on another Catcher. Those guys need skills more than the Blitzers. And AV 7 needs protection .

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

I would go dodge on two catchers and wrestle on two linemen to start.

I think the secret of success with these guys is keeping the players on the pitch.

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Lineelves should be OK with AV 8. And the random skills can land on anyone . Skilling the Catchers first is a great basis . IMO .

German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
besters

Post by besters »

I do all right with High Elves but last tournament I played with them, the only game I lost was because I didn't have any players in the middle of the 2nd half.

But I accept the point that I would prefer to skill Catchers first.

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

What was your opponent´s race in that match, if I might ask? Some bashers?

Fortunately the OP has 12 players, the APO and a lot of AV 8 guys. :)
Great format, this tournament, especially for expensive teams.

German RTO for the NAF
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

You absolutely want Dodge on your Blitzers, Blodge players in a limited skillset like that are golden. Serve as ball carriers, mobile hitters, cage disrupters and screen layers. Trust me, Dodge, both of these guys before anything else. I'd take two Blocking catchers as well if that helps?

besters

Post by besters »

Jeremiah Kool wrote:What was your opponent´s race in that match, if I might ask? Some bashers?

Pippy's Norse.