Khemri Team Build - Help for Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: Khemri Team Build - Help for Tournament

Post by Shteve0 »

EvilTrev wrote:Dont you think the Frenzy on the BR could put you in some negative situations after the first block?
I believe the logic is that frenzy is almost as good at tackle in taking out dodgers, and better against players without dodge, particularly in the open field. In a scrum the risk is mitigated by staying close to your guard TGs.

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

I am not a believe in Frenzy for the Khemri. Skills taken should be all about making them more reliable and Frenzy is the opposite. They also play such a tight, controlled game (optimally) that it is difficult to get the 2 die blocks with Frenzy and then reliably be sure its 2d6 again in your favor.

I would also not take Sure Hands on a BR. They need to be hitting. I like the high risk/reward of MiB, but the safer bet is Tackle and I can't fault that.

I'd also skip any passing skills on a TR, except for Leader. Make him dependable with Block, or Leader, that's it.

2 Guard on the TGs is great but I would not bother with only one MiB. Either double it up (2 Guard, 2 MiB) or skip it for DP on a Skelly. The TGs can knock guys down, the Skels come in and kicks them out! Hopefully, not getting himself kicked out in the process!

I actually do not favor skills on the TGs in tournies. They are bigger than most anyone you will face in a tourney and can throw 2dbs and form a wall very well as is. I like to use the skills to reinforce their backups! I also like a bench as I advocate fouling with the team.

Assuming you get 120k for skills (I could be wrong on the rules)...

1. Tomb Guardian - 100k (100k)
2. Tomb Guardian - 100k (200k)
3. Tomb Guardian - 100k (300k)
4. Tomb Guardian - 100k (400k)
5. Blitz-Ra (Mighty Blow) - 90k (490k)
6. Blitz-Ra (Mighty Blow)- 90k (580k) (or Tackle here)
7. Thro-Ra (Block) - 70k (650k)
8. Thro-Ra (Leader) - 70k (720k)
9. Skeleton (Dirty Player) - 40k (760k)
10. Skeleton (Dirty Player) - 40k (800k)
11. Skeleton - 40k (840k)
12. Skeleton - 40k (880k)
13. Skeleton - 40k (920k)
14. Skeleton - 40k (960k)
2 RRolls - 140k (1.1m)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
EvilTrev
Rookie
Rookie

Post by EvilTrev »

Thank you for your thoughts "Sun Devil". I am considering several different options on the upgrades at the moment.

Trev

Dudegrip
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dudegrip »

fatfinley wrote:Thinking of maybe taking Khemri to Tournament.
Nice discussion, but lacking a punchline of sorts. Scott, how did you fare at the tournament and what elements of the discussion were beneficial? Is there a Both Down podcast we could listen to for the answers?

EricK
What is now proved was once, only imagin'd.
William Blake “Proverbs of Hell”

Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

As i played a lot Tournaments over here in germany with Khemri it tends to be a surprise-box where you will finish at the end. i managed to finish a major tourney 2nd without a loss, and i got badly bashed down and nealy got the wooden spoon once in the NRW masters.

my standard-setup is (standard 1100 team with some skill choices)

4 TG (3x guard 1x mb)

in my opinion this is the trickiest choice. The extra guard will give you a chance against any bashing team while only 1 mb is a disadvantage here. in the tourneys where i tried 2 guard 2 mb i often got outbashed so i prefer 3 guard over the 2nd mb. especially if you face teams who will also have 3 guard every guard on a TG counts. i never took break tackle (even in the league where i picked khemri) and i never missed it.

2 blitz-ra (1 tackle, 1 frenzy)

there is an option to get another mighty blow here which you can trade for tackle but its a hard choice especially if you face a lot of dodgers. frenzy in my opinion is a must. Crowd-Surfing abilty forces the opponent to set up most of the players more to the center of the field, thats where the tomb guardians are, which is fine. i tried once with mb and tackle and discarded frenzy and i missed it in every single match.

2 Thro-Ra (both Block)

a no-brainer for me 3 (or 4) RR are enough if you play safe. If you have the chance with the tourney rules take an blodge-thro-ra as ballcarrier. Both of them is a must because they will be blitzed and go out, so you have another player which can pick up the ball with some chance of success

Rest Skeletons (dirty player, if there are skills left)

foul the opponents key player. get them out :)

---

The good news is - you can win against any team and you will do surprisingly good against all bashy-style teams (4x skilled ST5 will get every bash player problems) - the bad news - you have very difficult setups against elves. You have a lot of dangerous turn-over-machines (all TG without block, Ball handling) and if you roll bad even the 3 or 4 RR can be too less.
In my oppinion if you have the choice take 12 player over the 4th rr, but that may be personal preference. More Players arent needed imho. The choice is (1100-tr: 11 players 4 rr or 12 players 3 rr)

defensive standard setup for me against ag4-teams is to put 2 tg on the wide zones to force them in the center of the field, 2 tg on Los with a skelly between them (and hope that it survives) - skellies tend to stay on the field with thick skull and regen. i could use some hints though

in my opinion khemry has a very strong defense against any opponent, but lacks of a good offense - its very hard to score against good coaches who will force you to dodge. with only 1 (maybe 2 if you chosse it on a blitz-ra) mb usually i dont get that much cas to safely put my cage slowly down the field. any tipps are highly appreciated as i dont see any chance to get a good setup where a thro-ra can take break tackle to get that dodge-option in the last turn to score :)

wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

I am considering playing Khemri in the Spike! this weekend, this is my current roster, we are allowed 1100 for the Team and then 6 normal skills, or 1 double and 4 normal or 2 doubles and 2 normal, no skill more than twice per team and no player with more than 1 extra skill.

4 TG 1xGuard
2 BR 2xMighty Blow
2 TR 2xBlock
4 Skelly 1x Dirty Player
3 RR
1 FF

I also toyed with 2x Dirty Player skels and no Guard on a TG.

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

i'd consider with these rule to skip guard on the TG with even dwarfs haveing only 2 guard 4times st5 could be enough
you could go for 2x MB on the TG, and free some space for tackle or frenzy on the BR
wrestle instead of block on a TR could be another choice too (not without risk if you lose the other one early in the game though)

wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

So something along these lines then.

4 TG 2x MB
2 BR 2x Tackle
2 TR 1x Block
4 Skelly 1x Dirty Player
3 RR
1 FF

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Damage, damage, DAMAGE!

2x TG with Block
2x TG with MiB
2x Blitz
2x Throwers (or else the one WILL be targeted and you're really screwed)
Skellies

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

Thanks Digger, your roster is aimed at maximum pain I see, its actually pretty simple and looks powerful.

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale