Re: Underworld TV 105

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Underworld TV 105, 6 games, one skill before every game . A double can be chosen before game 3. Stars allowed, but I don't want to take one.

I think going for a large team could be essential with all that AV 7.

All Skaven + Troll, 8 x Goblin , Apo , 2rr, 1x CL . 15 players and Apo, :-D .

First or second skill will be Leader . The other ones:
Wrestle / Lino
Claw / Troll
Horns / Blitzer
Guard / Blitzer

6th skill not sure . Two Heads Goblin ? Block Thrower ? Strip Ball / Wrestle / Guard Goblin ? I am not sure if I really will take the double , Claw on Troll is more important IMO and don't want to take a lot of skills on Goblins.

Reason: ''
NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Claw vs Block is an interesting choice for Underworld. Since you do have the double have you considered guard on a line rat?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Hmm , that's a good one. Although I feel I may have to skip the double because I want to take certain skills for other players. For example , I really really want Claw if I meet an AV 9 team . Or Wrestle if I meet Blodgers . I also love Horns. I am already behind in skills because of Leader .

German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Do you get to pick skills after you know who you are playing? If so that lets you move around the skill choices a bit to suit the opposition. I'd still pin Guard on the line rat in the 3rd position (when you have to take the doubles) and then move the others around to suit the opposition.

I don't think I'd take Horns TBH. No question its a good skill, but I think Tackle or Guard would be more valuable.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Yes I do. Well, could be done this way . I would be a little concerned that this Guard -Rat may be even more in danger while ständig in tacklezones . But he may be doing that anyway.

I want Horns because he can blitz himself free ,punch holes , not needing an assist most of the time . Not a fan of Tackle in a tournament, Wrestle should be OK .

German RTO for the NAF
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I suggest Leader may be a waste, rather you should start with at least 3 RRs.

Bread and butter blocking skills such as Guard (S-Vermin), Block (Throwers) and Wrestle (Linerats) are probably more what you need in a tourney than anything else.

Although I love Claw on the Troll, Block may be better in a tourney. If you know in advance the types of races that you are likely to face, it may help to decide between the two. Claw will work surprisingly few times over the course of the game on just one player (especially one without Block), although you may get lucky with it from time to time. It does have psychological value, however, therefore worth considering if you know you are facing plenty of high armour teams. Block is good against all teams, helps to avoid turnovers, and gets the Troll more blocks (because you will take blocks with him earlier in the turn, and he is more likely to stay on his feet).

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Good arguments for Block over Claw . Damn! ;-)

Well, a big bench vs. one more skill. You think that this one skill makes that much a difference ? Of course , the Leader-Thrower is another target . Loosing him for second half would be a disaster . Apo may help with this, pray for BH or KO.

German RTO for the NAF