1200 Skaven + 6 skills Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

gollumullog
Rookie
Rookie

1200 Skaven + 6 skills Tournament

Post by gollumullog »

I'm thinking of this for a 1200 TV tourney with a 6 skill package:

320 = 4 gutter runners: block, wrestle, kick
180 = 2 blitzers: frenzy, tackle
70 = 1 thrower: leader
200 = hakflem
100 = Fezglitch
150 = 3 linerats:
50 = 1 apo
50 = 1 bloodweiser babe
60 = 1 reroll
10 = 1 cheerleader
10 = 1 assistant coach
---
1200 + 6 normal skills

----------------------------------------------------------------

PURCHASING FROM THE INDUCEMENT OPTIONS
All Star Players are available (for their relevant teams) at their FULL costs; ie, Griff Oberwald is worth 320,000 GC. These stars are treated as players on your roster, though they naturally will still suffer from LONER. Any team may purchase up to two star players, and opposing teams may indeed purchase the same star for the same game.

Goblins may purchase up to 3 Bribes for 50,000 GC each; other teams may purchase them for 100,000 GC each.

Halfling coaches may purchase a Halfling Chef as part of the coaching staff for 100,000 GC; others for 300,000 GC. Any team may purchase up to 2 Bloodweiser Babes for 50,000 GC each.
Any team able to purchase an Apothecary may add up to two Wandering Apothecaries for 100,000 GC each.
Teams eligible for an Igor may add one for 100,000 GC.

Wizards, Mercenaries, Extra Team Training and Special Play Cards are not allowed.

SKILLS
After you have purchased the players for your team, you may outfit some of the players with additional skills. The following restrictions will apply: you may not add skills to Star Players; you may not add more than one skill to any player; and you may not add the same skill to more than two players on your team.

The skill options are as follows:
Six players may be given one "Normal" skill, that is a skill from any Category listed as "Normal" for that player.
4 players may be given one "Normal" skill, and 1 player may be given a "Double" skill.
2 Players may be given one "Normal" skill each, and 2 players may be given a "Double" skill.

To determine which skills are "Normal" and which are "Double," see pages 54-60 in the Competition Rules set.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Reason: ''
Member of Thunderbowl Sports Network
Spike! 2011 - Major Tournament - September 10-11 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Coach of:
Thunderbowl: gollumullog
Fumbbl: gollumullog
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Re: 1200 Skaven + 6 skills Tournament

Post by Warpstone »

Two rerolls is rough, especially if the thrower is treated like kill priority #1.

Fezglitch = awesome
Hakflem = nice, but don't think he's worth it.

It all depends on how you play I suppose. I like rerolls up my sleeve so that I can always have the ability to make a handoff+pass for the score on most turns. I normally don't go with the Rat Ogre, but it's very tempting at 120TV.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fanglord13 »

A Rat Ogre with Break Tackle is a very useful tool in this format. A couple of Blodge runners, one with Sure Hands (for ball duties and to help against Strip Ball), Tackle on a blitzer and I like Glart Smashrib Jr as a pair of tin snips ;)

1 R/Ogre w/Break Tackle
2 GR w/Block
1 GR w/Sure Hands
1 Thrower w/Leader
1 Blitzer w/ Tackle (or Strip Ball/Wrestle)
Glart Smashrip Jr
5 Lino's
3 RR
1 FF
1 AC

If there is a draft of additional skills halfway through the tournament then I suggest putting Wrestle on a Lino and leaving a skill free on one of your GR's or the Blitzer.

gollumullog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gollumullog »

Yeah no draft of skills, team is exactly the same in every game.
I've been hesitant to have a Rat Ogre on my skaven teams, as I find they are just too unreliable, If you need them to blitz that cage they will invariably roll a 1. But that just may be my luck in Blood Bowl :)

Frenzy is also more useful in this tournament because of the modified Kick off table, as a 9 result instead of quick snap is:
9: Bloodlust! : The offense starts its drive a fraction before the defense is ready, leaving the kicking team flat-footed. All of the players on the receiving team are allowed to move one square. This is a free move and may be made into any adjacent empty square, ignoring tackle zones. It may be used to enter the opposing half of the pitch. Players with the Frenzy skill may move up to two squares, and may enter occupied squares as well as empty ones. If they enter a square occupied by another player, treat it as though a "Pushed" result was rolled on a Block attempt, considering all skills such as Stand Firm, Fend and Juggernaut (in a case where the Frenzied player is not able to enter a square, eg fend or stand firm, then he may not move a second square).
Which increases the chance of a push play.

Coach of:
gollumullog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gollumullog »

So I played a sample game on the weekend, and had a very close game.

Played a lizard team with 6 saurus' and sibili

My roster was:
4 gutter: block, block, side step
2 blitz, tackle, frenzy
1 thrower
1 rat ogre, break tackle
fezglitch
3 linemen
apo
3 rerolls

The Rat Ogre failed me in some crucial moments rolling 1's on the blitz, and failing a gfi to hit and failing the loner, which I think cost me the game.

I think the rat ogre really doesn't fit my play style.

Fez only got 2 turns of action (thanks to a riot), but that is because I gained possession of the ball and almost scored a defensive TD. But he did knock down sibli and both LOS saurus' in his first action.

Coach of:
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Hmmm, if you want Fezglitch maybe a Bribe would be good? Rat Ogre out, Bribe and Lineman in.

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
gollumullog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gollumullog »

Everythings on the table, I may drop fez, and bring in Hakflem and a lineman

Coach of:
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Skitter ... 5 Gutter Runners on the pitch. I really like him.Cheaper than Hakflem.

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Skitter, 4 GRs, 2 SV, 6 Line rats, 3 RR, apoth, 1 cheerleader = 1200 (or drop a line rat/apo and the cheerleader for a 4th reroll).

I'd take Blockx2, Wrestle, Strip Ball with the Gutter Runners. Then kick and guard on Storm Vermin.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Skitter is awesome.

With stab he is great for taking out those pesky AV7 blodgers should you face wood elves or amazons. Plus he’s got a few other useful skills and great stats so well worth his pretty cheap cost.

The lovely deathmaster snitch model works perfectly as him as well.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.