Nurgle 110, 1RR build / 2 RR ballhandling?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Nurgle 110, 1RR build / 2 RR ballhandling?

Post by Smeborg »

I think the strengths of Nurgle at low TV are overlooked. They have a lot of skills:

1 of Tentacles/M-Blow

Up to 4 Horns

Up to 5 F-App/D-Pres

Up to 9 Regen

So a roster of (say) 1 Beast, 3 Warriors, 3 Pestigors (in a tourney) will have 20 skills already. Sure, these are not traditional skills such as Block, Dodge, S-Hands etc., but they are decent skills, provided you bring them into play.

All the best.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Nurgle 110, 1RR build / 2 RR ballhandling?

Post by Smeborg »

Another way of looking at Nurgle's unique skill set is as follows:

- 5 active skills that work typically in the Nurgle team's turn (M-Blow, Horns)

- 11 passive skills that typically work in the opposing team's turn (D-Pres, F-App, Tents)

- 9 dugout skills that work in between drives (Regen)

[I say typically, because there are of course times when D-Pres and/or Tents can be used in the Nurgle turn against P-Block or D-Off, indeed I have won or drawn a number of tournament games in this fashion.]

If we compare this to a full Orc roster (with Gobbo) we get:

- 9 active skills that work typically in the Orc turn (S-Hands, Pass, Dodge, R-Stuff, TTM, Regen, M-Blow)

- 4 active/passive skills which work in both turns (Block)

This is a stark difference: all the Orc skills are "active", and whereas Nurgle have about twice as many skills by number, 80% of them are "passive", working typically only in the opponent's turn (whether directly or indirectly). The basic challenge for any Nurgle coach is: how to play in a way that brings these passive skills into the game? Positioning and marking is the answer, I don't see any other way. Plus of course a skill development plan which re-inforces the passive skills (and brings them into play more often).

All the best.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless