Woodie 1100K 5 skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Woodie 1100K 5 skills

Post by Lard »

going to a turnament, 1100K 5 skills regen, and thougt to bring my woodelfs

I would like to get feedback on this as a setup:

2 wardancers (one with stripball)
4 catchers (2 with block, 2 with wrestle)
5 linemen
2 rerolls
1 apo

The game is speed and blodge (or wrodge). Is it to weak with just 2 rerolls? Should I skip the apo and get a 3:d reroll?(to be able to reroll a fail dodge on a lineman is kind like an apo and if I dont have to reroll that dodge I have one reroll for some wood elf hero play).

Reason: ''
pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Woodie 1100K 5 skills

Post by pelle »

Is there a double skill available or not?
My skills would be: Frenzy and Strip Ball on Wardancers, Sidestep and Surehands on Catchers. If there is a double: Guard on another Catcher, otherwise Block or Sidestep on Catcher

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

1 possible set up would be.

1 Treeman
2 wardancers
3 catchers
1 Thrower
4 Linmen
2 re-rolls

If you don’t want the tree swap him for a lineman and apoth or re-roll

Assuming no doubles or stacking I’d take strip ball on 1 dancer, tackle on the other, leader on the thrower and then block on 2 lineman maybe kick on 1 instead. Dodge might be worth it too if you face few dwarf teams.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

I would not bother with the Thrower, take the fourth Catcher. He is faster and has Dodge.
Tackle on a Wardancer is a wasted skill I think, since Tackle has no effect when you face about half the teams. Frenzy is a better option: you can choose a wide zone for your attack and crowdsurf enemies.
Block on Lino's, I would not do that. My first option would always be Dodge since it gives you a lot more options to move around. Block will only make you think to actually start blocking other players, which means your players will be in contact with the enemy. Wood Elves are much too fragile for this. Stay away from the enemy and try to pick them off one at a time.
When you play with the tree, you'll have a roadblock. When you play without it, you could have an extra lino and a third reroll.

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
klauser
Veteran
Veteran

Post by klauser »

I'm with spubbbba on the build, i.e. Thrower as a Leader caddy. You want to be able to use Leap effectively, and two Rerolls is simply not enough for that.

Strip Ball on a WD is also a no-brainer. Tackle vs Frenzy is a tough call though. Obviously easier to call if you can meta-game and check out the competition before you have to hand in your roster. Personally I'd go with Frenzy though, since you also have Strip Ball for handling blodging ball carriers.

Kick is nice, but does not do enough to justify spending one of your precious skill choices on it. I'd recommend Block on Catchers (meaning you can actually mark opposing pieces with abandon) or Dodge on Lineelves, or a mix, i.e. one each.

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

thanx for the repiles

The turnament has skillpacks:
A: 5 skills
B: 3 skills + 1 dubble
C: 1 skill + 2 dubble

For me pack A is the no brainer on the woodies. Am I wrong?
And is leader worth it? the catcher instead of thrower has dodge and I usually dodge more than I pass so I think I will have more useage out of the dodge skill. Does anyone have some hands on experience out of diffrent setups? The Metagame is hard to predict, it is a "national" turnament with teams from all over.

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

played the tournament this weekend. used this team:

2 wardancers (one with stripball)
4 catchers (2 with block, 2 with wrestle)
5 linemen
3 rerolls

result?
2-3 (Skaven)
4-1 (Undead)
4-0 (Orks)
3-0 (Orks)

That was 2:nd place and a prize for most TD:s. The first game against Skaven I rolled double one, 3-4 times, and he Cased 5 players the first half. It was a tight game non the less. I never played against the winner, another wood elf player with a whole other set up.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Well done, very nice result. :)