Help with lineup and skill selection Necro 110

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Help with lineup and skill selection Necro 110

Post by Necro10c »

Hi all,

I have been playing BB for 2 years now and am participating in our national championship soonish. I have decided to participate with the Necromancer team, which is the team I have been playing most of the time the last 2 years, and therefore is most comfortable with.

However, I have some ideas and some need for advice about the starting roster and skill choices.

First of all, the setting is TV 110 and we start with 3 skills, and get 2 normal and a double before the 4th round (of 7). No piece can recieve more than 1 skill.

My initial lineup idea is:

2 WW
2 FG
2 Wights
1 Ghoul
4 Zeds

3 RR
2 FF

I am not interested in dropping the FGs, but would it be a good idea to drop a RR for another Ghoul? I really tried hard to get more than 11 players, but it seems almost impossible if I want that many positionals.

The skills I am thinking about is:
1. Round
Block on Werewolf
Guard on Wight
Block on Flesh Golem

2. Round
Mighty Blow on Werewolf
Guard on Wight
Block on Flesh Golem

However, I would really, really like to squeeze kick on a Zed in somewhere(!), is that pure insanity? I would also like sure hands on a Ghoul, but as I see it it could diminish the effectiveness of the bash potential very much if I did...

Any and all comments on the above is welcome 8)
Cheerio,
Necro10c

Reason: ''
Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with lineup and skill selection Necro 110

Post by Necro10c »

Hi again,

It seems that noone have any advicde on Necroes so here is what I am starting with:

4 Zeds
2 FG
2 WW
2 Wights
1 Ghoul

3 rr
2 FF

Block on wolf, block on ghoul, guard on wight.

Ill let you know my choices for 2nd round after the tournament.

Cheerio!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Flesh Golems are always the tricky part of the Necro team as they are useful but very expensive. If you have 2 with block they are fantastic roadblocks but they are still quite easy to tie up with fodder.

I’d be tempted to drop a golem for a ghoul and zombie as that gives you 12 player and 2 ghouls are always good since they add some much needed mobility.

For skills you should probably concentrate on the wolves and ghouls 1st, you could be dull and give them all block, possibly sure hands on a ghoul.
In the 2nd round you may want to consider tackle on a wight if there are a few amazon and elven teams about. Guard is a great skill but I think the wolves, golems and ghouls should get priority. Kick is only useful if you think you can capitalise on it, either through a blitz, a missed pick up close to you or making slow teams run back for the ball.

One more thing to remember is to roll for RIP’s when you gain casualties, as recruited zombies can play in the next drive. I forgot this in the early rounds of the White Isle Star Bowl last year and it may have made a difference in my 1 loss since I got quite a few casualties and was very low on players in that game.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

i don't have a long experience with necros, but guard on the flesh golem is just overpowered. non eed to have block when all your mates have ST4 around.
But block on wolves has a higher priority. So i would begin with block on both wolves and guard on 1 golem.
Also i would drop a reroll for a ghoul. 2rerolls is not that bad, especially because you have 4 players with block so you can work on positionning them on the right spots.

my 2 cents

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I have not played Necros in a tourney, but I have played against them plenty.

The most effective Necro rosters have 3RR and 12 players. I don't think a 2 RR roster is viable unless you give a pllayer S-Hands. At TV110 I would recommend you consider:

1 Puppy
2 Golems
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
5 Zeds
3 RR

I also recommend that you look at giving Wrestle to the Wolf. It does not seem to work well in a league, but in a tourney I think it is a fine choice for bringing down ball carriers. It saves having to give anyone Tackle, which can be a wasted skill in a tourney.

For day 1 I would suggest Block on both Golems and a skill for the Wolf. For the double on day 2 I would consider Dodge on a Wight.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I haven't played Necros in a tourney, so these are just suggestions, but I have played against them plenty.

The most effective Necro rosters have 3RR and 12 players. I don't think a 2 RR roster is viable unless you give a pllayer S-Hands. At TV110 I would suggest:

1 Puppy
2 Golems
2 Wights
2 Ghouls
5 Zeds
3 RR

I also recommend that you look at giving Wrestle to the Wolf. It does not seem to work well in a league, but in a tourney I think it would be a fine choice for bringing down ball carriers. It saves having to give anyone Tackle, which can be a wasted skill in a tourney.

For day one I suggest Block on both Golems and a skill for the Wolf. For day two I suggest Block on both Ghouls and Dodge on a Wight, to give you 3 Blodgers.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Necro10c »

spubbbba wrote:One more thing to remember is to roll for RIP’s when you gain casualties, as recruited zombies can play in the next drive. I forgot this in the early rounds of the White Isle Star Bowl last year and it may have made a difference in my 1 loss since I got quite a few casualties and was very low on players in that game.
Yep, forgot about that all through the tournament :oops:

Just a quick recap:
Chose Mighty Blow for the 2nd WW, and guard on the 2nd wight as well as guard on a Golem.

It went... OK, actually.
I had 4 loses, 1 tie and 2 wins, which isnt good, but I learned a lot. Had a bad start against an amazon player, which leveled out against a human as the next. I played a Khemri player next (hands down, one of the nicest opponents and baddest loosers :wink: at the same time), another necro and then a chaos pact player. Up next was an undead player, and it all ended against the halflings 8)

General lessons:
I over committed on defence when getting a shot at the ball carrier. There were only a few games where I played my defence well, the amazon and human games in the start were two.

My drives went fairly well. Its a gamble sometimes relying on removing players from the field as much as the Necroes rely on. My chaos pact game was a prime example of this. All through the first drive I demolished him piece by piece, untill he had 6 players left. Alas, I only KOed his strength pieces, and surfed his elf, and after the KO rolls, he had a full roster in the start of the 2nd half. So the match went 1-1.

Lesson 1: Block on the golems would have been nicer than guard.

Lesson 2: Blodge on a ghoul is definetely worth it.

Lesson 3: MB on a werewolf is a terrifying thing for an opponent, and a nice way to take out pieces.

I met another really good Necro player (Topper), who I discussed a lot of theory about the team with. The difference between his roster and mine were a reroll less for him, but another ghoul and sure hands as skill on the first ghoul, instead of block. I dont know what he chose for the 2nd round of skills.

About tackle and wrestle: Frenzy makes tackle unnecessary in my view, for this team. I can see tackles use if it is a really, really blodge heavy tournament. This is also the reason I chose to have 2 WW. Wrestle on the wolf could be nice, but I dont think that the team really supports that play.

About the twelft player... Yes he would have been nice. I can see that you might be able to bring him in by A. loosing a reroll for a ghoul. B. only playing with 1 FG. However, he is not essential for the team succes. There were only 1 match where I was at a player disadvantage and that was against undead (which creamed me).

In the future I would probably still play with 2 FGs, but with a twelft man, by scrapping a reroll. I would go Blodge on a ghoul, block on a WW and Guard on a wight. Second round I would choose Block on both FGs and MB on a wolf.

That and I wouldnt overcommit on defence... :D

Cheers, and thanks for the input!