high Elfs and Inducements/starplayers

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

high Elfs and Inducements/starplayers

Post by JaM »

Hi all,

in September there will be another 'bubble'. A great tournament held in Utrecht.
I might use flings there, but High Elves/elfs are also on the 'to do'list.

TV is 1250, inducements are allowed (special playcards for instance, 1 random card of the deck you payed for).
So are starplayers...
Rules considering skills: 4 skillpoints, 1 point per (normal) skill, 2 points for a stat increase on a lineman.
only 2 of the skills may be the same (so you cat take dodge 4 times, but you can take 2 dodge, 2 block).
After game 3, you get 4 skills on 4 randomly selected players, 1 of these may bea double.
a single skill may only appear 3 times max on the roster (not including staring skills).

Are there any starplayers worth their well, weight to take to a 5 game tourny with HEs?

What skills to take ?

2 blitzers,
4 catchers,
5 lineelfs,
2 rerolls,
1 apo,
total: 1060.

Gives me 190 to play with...
You need 11 players before you add a starplayer though.

I was thinking ot get one of those nifty HE throwers, with KO return, pass,...

Any input is appreciated! :)

Cheers,

JaM

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: high Elfs and Inducements/starplayers

Post by spubbbba »

really worth buying when you could be taking normal players. You would get a lot more use out of a wizard and babes at 50K could be useful too. Mind you an elf team with subs, an apoth and a decent amount of re-rolls is a very tasty thing too.

For the skills I’d suggest taking dodge twice, on either 2 catchers or 1 catcher and 1 of the blitzers, block or wrestle on the catchers, possibly tackle on a blitzer. For the random skills it again would be between block, dodge and wrestle. I’d favour maxing out on Block as wrestle makes you a less useful ball carrier, but making a catcher a ball hunter/safety with it is a nice option too.

Going by your list below I’d add a thrower and re-roll to that leaving you 50K for an another re-roll or babes. Either that or drop a catcher to get a linemen which would take you up to 13.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.