Dark elves.- 1.1 m team with a mandatory star

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Dark elves.- 1.1 m team with a mandatory star

Post by ulvardar »

Hi guys, i think i need some advice on what to take to a tourney here.

You have 1.1 m to create the team, you can put 4 single skills from first match, and you have to take a mandatory star. You can create your team with 10 players + star.

I was considering:

3 blitzers
Witch
Runner
5 linos
Hubris or Roxanna

No RR, so my skills would be block to the witch, dodge to blitzer (x2) and leader to runner. Playing with no RR sounds scary, but... well, i guess all starplayers are costly for darkies.

I have great concerns on what start to choose... Hubris is prohibitive, but he adds St. 4, Block, Mighty, Jump Up and Strip Ball. Your main casualty collector, nearly as powerful as a big guy but with block.... and strip ball.... sounds tempting. Good Mv, good Ag, good Av.... mmmm

On the other hand, Roxanna sounds delicious too. Ag 5 is awesome, and turns leaping much easier. Juggernaut.... well, no good, you have to blitz with her in order to use it, something you may not be doing. What takes me back is the Av. 7; sounds you can easily lose her, specially with no block or wrestle... :-?

There are 3 more chances: Horkon (stabbing twice sounds great, but you just do it when blocking, and depending on the opponent can be useless), Ithaca Benoin (a thrower for a running team...) and Eldril. Eldril would allow me to add the RR, but no block or wrestle and Av. 7 sounds a bad idea, specially when you have to put him into a tackle zone in order to hypnogaze someone; so i guess he would not last long.

So what do you think? Tell me both about the team and the starplayers, please; and tell me about the results you have obtained with them. Thanks for the suggestions and ideas.

Reason: ''
Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dark elves.- 1.1 m team with a mandatory star

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

No RR besides Leader - no way. Take at least 1 in addition to Leader. And Eldril is the way to go Imo. Hypno Gaze is so unique it beats all.

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

What he said. Imagine the child prodigy psychic from the Matrix? That's Eldril. "There is no cage."

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

I've taken Eldril to a tourney once before (Using Pro Elves, but sure you can still draw some parallels), and he was absolutely IMMENSE. From memory he died in 4/6 games, sometimes early on too. But in every single game that he died, he'd already used his 'trick' and in every case I either turned the ball over and scored or stopped a score that should have gone in. In only one game he got KO'ed out and never did anything, but in the other five he was incredibly useful. Yes, he's in a tackle zone, but usually the balls popped, been retrieved, and on it's way down the other end of the field.

If you're really against him, I'd say Roxanna is also an excellent choice, but I'd also argue that there are a lot of better teams in this format than Dark Elves. Guess that choice is one you've already stuck with though, so I won't even start talking about that.

To summarise, Eldril is win. :)

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Ithica Benion is cheap, and has IIRc 5 skills which Im sure are NoS /Pass/ Dump off / Sure hands/ Re-gen, (but at work so cannot confirm!) and offers something different. Ive used Ithica to good effect and its gives your opponents something else to think about (and re-gen is sweet on a team that often plays short handed)

That being said, Eldril is the obvious choice :D

GL whatever you choose!!

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Odium Khan wrote:What he said. Imagine the child prodigy psychic from the Matrix? That's Eldril. "There is no cage."
Nice one! :orc:

Oh, and Eldril together with a Witch Elf is tons of fun. Surf's up!

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

Thank you all for your time and comments.

Eldril will be, then.

And yes, i want to try darkies... i know there are much better teams for this format, but it's an incentive so i will paint and convert the team.

Of course, and having the tournament on september, i will finally attend with my poorly painted skavens and Halkflem... :cry:

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Don’t forget that Eldril comes with catch, dodge, Nerves of Steel and Passblock. So he makes a pretty good receiver and catch and dodge avoid the loner problems. If your opponent actually decides to pass then passblock could give them a nasty surprise too.

By the way, this isn’t the White Isle Star Bowl you are preparing for by any chance?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

No, no.... just a little tourney on the south on Spain, in a lovely sunny place called 'La Mojonera'. Translated.... you should call it 'Turdland' or similar, if wordreference is right; so the tourney is called The Turdbowl (Mojonbowl here)

wedge22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wedge22 »

Did you decide on a roster that has 1rr and Eldril?

Bloodbowl Teams for Sale