Orcs at 1000k

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

patches
Rookie
Rookie

Orcs at 1000k

Post by patches »

Hey, I am about to build up a new team, I'm planning on Orcs.

I've been playing about with different teams and ideas, and so far I am thinking..

4 Black Orcs
4 Blitzers
1 thrower
2 line orcs
3 RR

This leaves me with an extra 10k.

I am not 100% on this, I have never used a goblin for example, and I notice many take gobbos - are they worth considering? Or better to leave out until I play in a 1100k match?

I have played quite a lot with skaven in the past and didn't like the rat ogre, so don't think I would like the troll, are they any good within an orc team?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Reason: ''
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Orcs at 1000k

Post by burgun824 »

Your starting line up is perfect. Use it.

On an orc team I consider the Troll and at least 1 gobbo to be a must for later development. The troll with guard along side all of those BOBs will anchor your LOS and give you one of the most powerful front 5's in the game and by far the most reliable after a few skills. Khemri, Pact, & Lizards are the only ones I can think of that can field a comparable line and none of them are as reliable. The gobbo will be your one turn score option when you need him. It at least gives you a legitimate chance at a tie or win on Turn 16...provided he's not eaten. :-?

However, the first purchase you'll need to make will undoubtedly be an apothecary. Orcs are tough, but they will die and can get expensive if it happens early.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

burgun824 wrote:Your starting line up is perfect. Use it.

On an orc team I consider the Troll and at least 1 gobbo to be a must for later development. The troll with guard along side all of those BOBs will anchor your LOS and give you one of the most powerful front 5's in the game and by far the most reliable after a few skills. Khemri, Pact, & Lizards are the only ones I can think of that can field a comparable line and none of them are as reliable. The gobbo will be your one turn score option when you need him. It at least gives you a legitimate chance at a tie or win on Turn 16...provided he's not eaten. :-?

However, the first purchase you'll need to make will undoubtedly be an apothecary. Orcs are tough, but they will die and can get expensive if it happens early.
Considering this is for a tournament, I'd skip buying anything and use the 10k for either ff, an ac or a cl. the latter two are the better choices.

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

I have used this line up for a tournament. I'm not the best player around, but it went quite well for me.

I like a goblin as an extra player but don't get on with the Troll, but that's personal preference, I know very good players who take them regularly.

I would also agree, moving up to 1050, the apothecary is the next choice.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I didn't realize this thread was in the tournaments forum and it wasn't mentioned in the original post. :-?

phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil78 »

Trolls are great :D
I'd say most tournaments are 1100k than 1000k so a troll is a great addition.
Don't be put off by the ROgre, they are quite differnet for big guys.
Trolls just need to stand there and take the hits, where as ROgres are there to waste blitzes and roll about on the floor a lot.

patches
Rookie
Rookie

Post by patches »

Might give a troll a whirl when I build up some cash on FUMBBL!
phil78 wrote: Don't be put off by the ROgre, they are quite differnet for big guys.
Trolls just need to stand there and take the hits, where as ROgres are there to waste blitzes and roll about on the floor a lot.
You can say that again!