Looking for some help

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Alkaline13
Experienced
Experienced

Looking for some help

Post by Alkaline13 »

Well Zlurpee Bowl is just around the corner and I'm trying to lock my roster down.

The rules are: 1000tv, 190k to buy skills after the roster made. (20k normal, 30k doubles, 30k for +ma or +AV). I have 2 rosters that I'm bouncing between..

#1 Necro
WW - block
WW - block
W - guard
W - guard
G - block
G - block
Z - block
Z - block
Z - leader
Z -
Z -
RR x3
1 ff
1 coach
1 cheer

#2 necro
WW - block
W - guard
W - guard
G - block
G - block
FG - guard
FG - guard
Z - block
Z - leader
Z -
Z -
Z -
RR x2

WW = werewolf
W = wight
G = ghoul
FG = golem
Z = zombie

What do you guys think?

Reason: ''
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: Looking for some help

Post by JaM »

2 fleshies
1 wolfie
2 ghoulies
2 whighties
5 zombies
2 rerolls.

leader on... somewhere.
block on the ghouls?
mb on the wights,... block on the wolf, perhaps on the golems too...

1 wolf is more than enough, and you really want ghouls. Most annoying in the Undead team, and good support on the Necro team. blodge is good, but perhaps you want sure hands on one and sidestep on the other, and run them in pairs.. Havent played Necro in a tournament yet, so I am curious how it will all work out.

Hope it hepls.

Alkaline13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Alkaline13 »

So mighty blow over guard on the wights you think?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I can’t remember if Golems are 120 or 110 but I’d adapt team #1, use any leftover cash to buy FF, CL or AC. With leader and plenty of block then 3 re-rolls should be enough and a block golem is a great roadblock. I think you really need 2 wolves as they are your best players.

If you want to go risky you could give a wolf MB instead of block but that would mean losing block on a zombie. Tackle on a wight will be useful to take down blodgers, especially if you face zons or wood elves who tend to be common at tournaments. You might want to give a ghoul sure hands instead of block too as that save re-rolls for other things.
Wrestle or dirty player are options on the zombie, if you kill and recruit an opposing player that takes you up to 12 so fouling would be more viable then, wrestle also helps take down blodgers but is hard to use with his low MA.

WW - block
WW – block (maybe MB?)
Golem - Block
W - guard
W – guard (maybe tackle?)
G - block
G - block (maybe sure hands?)
Z – block (maybe wrestle or DP?)
Z - leader
Z -
Z -

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'd check out the 110TR threads in this section if I were you.

Guard or MB,... depends on the opposition, your ability to pick the blocks, positioning, and dumb luck.

If you can manage to make blocks with MB a lot dirng the game and are reasonably lucky, you wont miss guard because you are removing players.
If you get stuck, however (vs chaosdwarves or normal dwarves, or orcs, or undead, or...) in a blocking war, the guard will work better probably, spreading around more 2d goodness.

Only way to find out is to try, maybe even vs the AI from Cyanide or fumbble. See what works for you.

Alkaline13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Alkaline13 »

Ok, I'm thinking about my second list.. I need to decide between guard or block for my golems.. block is almost a nice defensive skill - would be nice to tie people up with.

Thinking guard on wights, moving assists.

My wolf will most likely be my Blitzer for each turn, unless he gets into the open for a quick td

Alkaline13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Alkaline13 »

Thanks for the input from everyone in here - my roster has been submitted.. but I'll wait till later to post my final choices...

Wouldn't want lurkers to know what will beat them this year at zlurpee ;)