Wood Elves, "unusual skills"

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Wood Elves, "unusual skills"

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

I will be playing Woodies at a 110 tourny, one skill before each game, six games. Lineup will be 2 WD, 3 CA, TH, Tree, 4 Line and 2 RR. After getting Leader (TH) , Strip Ball and Frenzy (WDs) the plan is to simply Blodge-up the Catchers.

Then I thought "how about something a litte "unusal"? Grab or Guard on Tree? Side Step on Lineelves? Diving Tackle? Sure Hands on a Catcher?

Maybe some are not that strange choices but they seem weaker than good old Blodge. BTW, not a fan of Kick (it´s good but never helped me much).

I am a huge fan of Side Step, if I spam that it could be a lot of fun and possible headaches for the opponents.

Reason: ''
NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Wood Elves, "unusual skills"

Post by Corvidius »

If you're trying to use unusual skills you should give shadowing a try. Sidestep is nice too of course but not uncommon, in league play at least. Fend could be interesting as well. :)

I'm a massive fan of Kick for woodies but it's common and you don't like it so that's that. :)

Jeremiah Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Wood Elves, "unusual skills"

Post by Jeremiah Kool »

Shadowing, good one. One player with that could be fun.

But: I fear I already changed my mind. I played some test games against Norse and Blodge was so good to have, felt much safer, even blocked sometimes. So i will be "unoriginal".

NAF-nick: Heroic_Tackle
German RTO for the NAF
Come and join the Killing Spree, a Blood Bowl tournament in Berlin on the 12.10.-13.10.2013! http://www.ufobnbb.de/killingspree/