1250 Skaven. First Tourney

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

smokingmonkee
Veteran
Veteran

1250 Skaven. First Tourney

Post by smokingmonkee »

I'm hoping to hit the Deathbowl this October. I'm leaning towards skaven because I just picked up the models and I would like to paint them, plus they are one of the teams that get a bonus. The bonus is either a free dirty trick, or misc mayhem card, 1 reroll at no cost, or 5 doubles at the cost of a regular skill roll. The roster I am leaning toward is:
4 Gutter Runners
2 Storm Vermin
6 Line rats
Thrower
Apo
2 RR (3 with bonus)

I'm not sure on the skills or if I should pick up another reroll.

I guess it should be noted no more than 3 skills, or +2 to any stat. It's a resurrection style tourney.

Reason: ''
TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 1250 Skaven. First Tourney

Post by TheDoc »

Why haven't you taken the Rat ogre and add block? You'll find that big guys with block will be popular at the tourney.

If you can have him take him.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

You get to make 3 skill rolls you mean (That could be seriously destabilising is someone gets lucky in the rolls! :) )? And have the option to convert them into 2 skill rolls and 5 automatic doubles?

Well, on value the re-roll is worth what 60k?, the cards 50k, 5 doubles 130k+. Seems a no-brainer... Plus think of those mutations!

Also your team, you have 1250?
The below (4 gutters 320k, 2 vermin 180k, 6 line 300k, 1 thrower 70k, 2 RR & Apoth 170k) is 1040k, what are you doing with the rest?

I would normally never go with the rat ogre (well nver again at least). But here the temptation to build a block, pile on, claw rat ogre would be overpowering!

natsirtm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by natsirtm »

its no more than 3 skills per player - you can have as many players with skills as you like.
deathbowl is a very different beast to regular blood bowl - you will want your gutter runners tooled up and most everyone else bare.

just off my head, you want a GR that can pickup the ball anywhere, a GR that can blitz the ball free 2 die uphill, a GR that can really move and a blodging GR.

GR1: +AG, Leap, Big Hand
GR2: wrestle, strip ball
GR3: +MA, Sure Feet
GR4: block
rat ogre: block
2x blitzers
5x linerats
2x rerolls

and take the free reroll. you could ditch a linerat if you are happy having zero players left by the end of the game for more skills on your GR.

natsirtm
Experienced
Experienced

Post by natsirtm »

or you can take advantage of 5 doubles for 20K each and give all the gutters 2 heads and claws to the rat ogre.
if you do this, keep it simple and give all the GR block as well so they are basically interchangeable.
I would still keep one with wrestle at least + strip ball if you can afford. there could be too much sure hands for strip ball to be worth it, but it's deathbowl and utter madness so you never know.