Amazon skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Amazon skills

Post by robsoma »

Hi guys,

Looking for skills for amazons. 6 skills including 1 double, no more than 2 of the same skill.

I have 4 blitzers, 2 guard, 2 mighty blow, then 2 block to thrower and catcher. Is this the best option or am i overthinking it?

Reason: ''
Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Amazon skills

Post by spubbbba »

I can’t really see many better options than those.

I think the 2 guards are a must and there are not many better options than adding 2 blodgers. So that leaves the 2 MB, you could swap them for 2 wrestle linos, or give one of the blitzers tackle or sure hands if you fear other blodgers or strip ball dancers.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I like Tackle on 2 Blitzers (altho MB is optimal IIRc)

Reasoning: Zon's either work or they dont (for me mostly the latter) so by game 3 if Im doing well Ill be facing Woodies/other Elves or Undead (Ghouls) where Tackle is a very usefull OR by game 3 Im doing badly (this is the norm) in which case Im playing Stunties again Tackle is usefull.

So:
2 Guard Blitzers
2 Tackle Blitzers
2 Block Catchers (or 1 catcher / thrower)

Would be my build, yes I know its not "Optimal" but it does suit my play style (I dont bash well)

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

My pick would be

2 Guard Blitzers
1 MB Blitzer
1 Tackle Blitzer
then Block something
and either wrestle something else or if ur expecting a lot of woodies with Strip a sure hands

The blitzer mix means u are flexible and have choices.

With something like 2 tackle if u play dwarves u have wasted two skills.

The wrestle is another tool against those blodgers btu also works against other teams as well.

So where u planning to use zons?

robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

Cheers for the advice fellas. Think i will be adopting an amazon with tackle (ooer missus)

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
Duder
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duder »

What about blocking 6 non-blitzers. The team would start with 10 blodge. No other skills to speak of unfortunately. I am guessing this is not the best route, but I would be interested to hear why not.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Duder wrote:What about blocking 6 non-blitzers. The team would start with 10 blodge. No other skills to speak of unfortunately. I am guessing this is not the best route, but I would be interested to hear why not.
Hum... because its illegal. No more than 2 of the same skill as it states in the first post. :wink:

My two cents:
I would consider getting one Tackle and one Strip Ball instead of the MBlow's robsoma.
Not sure how you're loaded in terms of rerolls, but sometimes Leader can give you an extra one for a fraction of the price. Might be worth consider it too.

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Necro10c »

You could consider Sure hands on a Blitzer to have a blodge SH...

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Axtklinge wrote:Not sure how you're loaded in terms of rerolls, but sometimes Leader can give you an extra one for a fraction of the price. Might be worth consider it too.

Leader isn’t really needed with zons as they are stupidly cheap. You can get 13 players and 3 re-rolls for 1 million. Or swap one of the linewoman subs for an apoth or 4th re-roll.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.