chaos pact at tournaments

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: chaos pact at tournaments

Post by Hitonagashi »

I played a tournament recently where I took Claw on the Ogre and Block on the mino (and later, Tents on the troll).

If I did it again, I'd take Block on both. The only thing my clawed ogre did all tournament was to double bd/skull repeatedly, and knock out a deathroller on turn 1 in one game.

On the flip side, I really liked Block on the mino. While you get to put people down more, the issue is, with WA, you want to be sat next to people (so you don't have to risk roaring your blitz). With AV 8, you don't want to be sat next to people with no Block. Both the Troll and Ogre have AV 9, so are a lot better at marking, whereas the Mino is a risky player to have no block with. Given the choice, I'd prefer to put Block on the mino, and Guard up the other big guys.

Reason: ''
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: chaos pact at tournaments

Post by JaM »

+1 to that. :) I'd rather blitz with something else and use a normal block action on the mino, thus making block a better choice over 'jugs'.
I consider the troll as pretty much 'done', and would put guard on the ogre. Depending on the amount of skills you get I'd put a skill on the troll. He's just a roadblock.

Reason: ''