Khorne tournament rosters (!)

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Khorne tournament rosters (!)

Post by Smeborg »

I don't know when the Khorne team will be allowed in tourneys, I see no good reason at the moment why it shouldn't, at least on a trial basis, therefore I give some examples (using actual tournaments in which I have played or plan to):

TV115, 7 skills
----------------------
Bloodthirster: M-Blow
2 Heralds: Block, Block
3 Bloodletters: Guard, Guard, Dodge (the "Runner")
6 Fighters: Leader
2 RR
Apoth

TV110, 6 skills:
----------------------
2 Heralds: Block, Block
3 Bloodletters: Guard, Guard, Dodge (the "Runner")
7 Fighters: Leader
3 RR
Apoth

They look like a decent tourney side to me, better probably than they are starting a league at TV100. Probably capable of winning a tourney in the hands of a good coach, but they have an abiding weakness in their lack of a capable ball-handler (some other teams have the same handicap, they are not alone). Because of their rich skill access, they are unlikely to benefit from doubles skills, so their success may be dependent on format. As a moderately expensive team, I suspect their relative performance might drop off below TV110.

All the best.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Re: Khorne tournament rosters (!)

Post by Don__Vito »

I went for a 110 with six skills, fairly standard in the UK. Tried to maximise the only players without Frenzy for a bit more control. Came out with this...

Bloodthirster (MB)
4 Bloodletters (2 Block, Guard)
Herald (Guard)
5 Pit Fighters (Leader)
2 Rerolls
Apothecary

11 men, effectively 3 rerolls, and only(!) 7 Frenzy with one being ST5 and two Guard to help mitigate it.

I think I'd do ok with that roster, going to try a Khorne team in our clubs open league for a few games and see what it plays like. They won't win tourneys but should win games. Which is the design intent I believe?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Don__Vito wrote:They won't win tourneys but should win games. Which is the design intent I believe?
Yes

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

the 3str frenzy linemen are turnover magnets. In a league when you can start to block/wrestle them up over time the team can develop really well.. the thirster is a beast, expensive for a tourney but worth it and a must have for a campaign. The bloodletters are like necro wolves, give them 3-4 skills and they will run the field.

In a tourney I see them comparable with Nurgle.. with a really good coach it can play decent, but nobody is going to moan about them like dwarves, amazons, norse or other tourney-optimal rosters.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I'll be playing them at the Pavia tourney on oct the 27th.

1.050k with 80k skills

Bloodthirster (MB)
2 Heralds
1 Bloodletter
7 pitfighter (leader, wrestle, block)
2RR
Apo

Frenzy is my sheperd, I lack nothing!

The feat to archive is to take an opponent from 1 sideline and surf him out of the opposing side. :lol:

Hi Don Vito. Nice to see you. even in writing

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

ROLEX! :D

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Hi guy. I see you got the mark of Khorne just like me. :lol:

Anyway I won't let you be the first coach with 25 Naf teams.... :evil:
I'll be first! :D

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

My report:

Game 1 against Gerbido-Goblin.
Lucky draw for me. He has a rather ordinary roster, but the ball-and-chain starplayer. He attacks and his starplayer performs a beautiful triple both-down on his first block. Turnover. I put a lot of pressure on the ball. I have to apo a KO on the BT on a chainsaw blitz, but on turn 3 I get the ball and score.
With no chainsaw on the pitch the BT has now a field day. I manmark anything forcing dodges. A failed dodge, gets me the ball and I score again on turn 8.
In the second half I go for the clean-the-pitch but I fail, leaving a troll and a goblin. Score on turn 8.
3-0 cas:2-0

Game 2 against Menzogna-Wood Elves
This is gonna be harder... I attack under pouring rain, advancing on a sideline. On turn one the BT stuns the treeman and puts him out of the equation for the drive.
On turn 5 he gets in to strip the ball but fails one of the 3 dodges to get the wardancer to safety afterwards. I get back the ball, then...
I retaliate Khorne's style. Catcher off the sideline. Cas! Block of the BT. KO! Foul on the strip ball WD. KO.
Make a full cage and score on turn 8. :)
But he makes the OTTD! :( 1-1 and he has 9 players to attack but the stripball stays off. Weather becomes good.
On my 1st turn I almost surf out the WD (from 6 squares from the sidelines!), I knock him down on 3rd block and cas him.
On turn 4 I crush the cage! BT inside, 6 others out and I leave him nothing but a 4+ dodge with no dodge.
I get the ball and score on turn 8.
2-1 cas:3-1

Game 3 against Coach-Norse
He has an 11 player roster (+apo) so I hope to deal some serious damage. I begin well: cas on the yethi on the first turn by the BT. :) Apoed! :(
He answers in kind breaking armor in 9 of the next 11 blocks :o The BT makes a TO so he gets through. I manage to steal the ball and get it with the bloodletter.
Only a ulf can get him and he will have no one else to pick up the ball. He knock the BL down ball bounces on the Ulf that catches it. :o
He scores on turn 8.
In the 2nd half I attack 8 against 11. On turn 3 I try to run for it, but he knocks down the ball. I clean it. Dodge, pick-up at 4+, dodge again and pass it to no one, deep in his half. Let's make it a running race!
I start to beat him up and I manage to get the ball on turn 7 and to score on turn 8. We end 5 against 5. Brutal and beautiful match.
1-1 cas:5-5

So I get the second place. The Khorne revolution has begun!!! KHOOOOOORRRRNNNEEEE!!! :D