Skaven inducements vs Khemri

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Skaven inducements vs Khemri

Post by Necro10c »

Baduk wrote:more crazyness: that ST4 GR rolled 6+6 AGAIN!!! :pissed: :o
Thats what I call a mutant rat! Good choice with the wizard, where will the match report come?

Cheerio,
Necro10c

Reason: ''
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

well, it's a bit of a blur but I'll try to write it down for Fumbbl but I'll copy it here.

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

Here it is! I think this is more or less how it went, I replayed the game on fast forward and missed some injuries and amazing dodges by the Khemri Cardinals but fun nonetheless (imho).
Game started off with the Bubonic Brats receiving but found coach Odium_khan having prepared a perfect defense. Sardin S. the star Gutterrunner accompanied rookie GR Ban into the opponent's half. The Khemri Cardinals close in on the Brats and kill a linerat but Sardin S. breaks a neck while forcing himself further into the Cardinal's half, leaving rookie Ban on the sideline in front of an angry Tomb Guardian. Ban proves to be not a total noob and manages to get away. The Brats switch sides and a tripping TG (disgracing the Canti wine) saves the Brats from a loose ball. Sardin S. gets the ball and scores in turn 3.
After a riot and the clock moving against the Cardinal's wishes Odium_Khan sees Tomb Guardian Echnaton III be handed the out-of-bounds-ball and in good company of teamdisgrace Canti, Ag3 THro-Ra Thoth and dirty player Veros. All of a sudden fire rains down on the group and Nuffle takes away the dirty player and pops the ball loose. Both teams end up brawling over the ball but failing to get the ball safely away. The Brats blitzer Darkatan kills skeleton Sobekehmet in turn 7 and in turn 8 after a succesful 6+ pass the Khemri Cardinals proof that Tomb Guardians aren't ment to catch balls.

The second half sees the Brats being equally prepared with a perfect defense. The linerats on the LoS get KO'd but that doesn't stop the Brats from swarming into the other half. Punishment is swift and the Brats'KO booth fills up quickly by foul, block and poor dodging. By turn 5 in the second half there's only 4 Brats on the field facing 11 Cardinals who're in possession of the ball, no small feat for Khemri as you know. The Brats flee in panic and the Khemri Cardinals race towards the Bubonic Brats' endzone. Sardin S. takes a very dangerous 5+ dodge towards Pthah the ball-carrying Blitz-Ra and falls flat on his face. Odium_Khan shakes his head towards the foul-ready skeletons and sees Pthah score a touchdown in turn 8. Bloodweiser Babe Mehny Maus manages to help ALL SEVEN members of the Bubonic KO box, how exactly hasn't become clear but the Brats sure did look happy moving back onto the field for their turn 8 of the second half. Another Riot follows and leaves the Brats with two turns to score to prevent overtime. The Brats once again storm into the other half leaving thrower Pitsius in the backfield close to the ball and Ag5 GR Zjip hugging two Tomb Guardians on the LoS.Coach Odium_Khan curses when he notices a tiny gap in his defence. Pitsius picks up the ball, nearly drops it, moves towards Zjip, nearly trips but succesfully hands it over to the agile Gutterrunner. Zjip runs past the Tomb Guardians as if they weren't there and throws the ball to Sardin S. who's standing next to him. Coach Badoek does a "facepalm" but with the ball in Sardin S.' hands the now Superstar Gutterrunner breaches a hole, almost trips yet manages to dodge towards the endzone and win the game for the Bubonic Brats!

Post-game commentary had Coach Badoek explain that the mass-sacrifice of baby skaven by the Brats' fans earlier that week must have pleased Nuffle enough to grant them their victory.
Post-game commentary also included the life footage of a pair (6+6! I kid you not!!!) of ENORMOUS horns growing out of Superstar Sardin S.' skull, a sure sign that Nuffle wished him a life as a ST5 Gutterrunner (when blitzing of course).

Thanks to Coach Odium_Khan for this really fun game!

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Necro10c »

Thx Baduk, nice write up! However, beware the Curse of The Horned Rat!

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

I'm not familiar with Warhammer lore (or rules etc) but I googled it. It's a spell that transforms others into skaven right? Well, I don't mind that. I'll swap that fireball for it without a second thought! :orc:

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

Next up: Wood Elfs!
I didn't buy the 4th GR because that left me with exactly 120k of inducements...
Enter Skitter Stab-Stab!

Wardancer 9 3 4 6 Dodge, Block, Leap, Strip Ball, Side Step, +MA, Diving Tackle -av
Catcher 9 2 4 7 Catch, Dodge, Sprint, +MA, Block, Side Step, Sure Feet
Wardancer 8 3 4 7 Dodge, Block, Leap, Strip Ball
Catcher 8 2 5 7 Catch, Dodge, Sprint, Guard, +AG, Block
Lineman 7 3 5 7 +AG
Lineman 7 3 4 7 Dodge
Lineman 7 3 4 7 Dodge
Lineman 7 3 3 7 -AG, m
Lineman 7 3 4 7 Block, Dodge
Lineman 7 3 4 7 Block, Dodge
Treeman 2 6 1 10 Loner, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Strong Arm, Take Root, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate, Guard
Journeyman Lineman 7347 Loner

I haven't got much experienced playing against elves (had a hard time containing High Elves last night while playing Dark Elves myself) so I'm in for a treat.

I'm not even sure I WANT to win either because the next team in line is a 2330k Chaos team with plenty of tackle and clawpomb, two ST5 Chaos Warriors (one with Tentacles), a Minotaur and even a ag5 beastman... :o

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I bet you wished you had a couple of tacklers.

Well stab will work wonders. Get rid of the Catchers first and then put pressure on the Wardancers.

With so many blodgers you could have a problem but AV7 and enough whacks they will start falling apart (ignore the tree - just dodge away from it even if it's the last action).

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

well of course round 2 had Skitter Stab-Stab get powed to death....

and indeed no tackle (anymore) and I don't have much experience against high agility teams so this 5-2 defeat makes sense. It didn't feel like 5-2 though, it was fun and only gave my opponent one MNG (aka the guy that will survive the next game).

My MB PO blitzer got doubles.... of course everyone will cry Claw now...

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Well a claw blitzer does give the team a bit of punch. Which is nice.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

what about Jump-up? Dodge maybe? And since he blitzes a lot (second after that nutty runner) I'd think Horns might be a good option.

Claw is nice but it only effects removing players from the field. While that's very nice it isn't a main concern of Skaven. Horns on the other hand help me 2D block more players because I need less assist/encounter more guard.

Am I making any sense or am I perhaps missing a major point?

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Your style I suppose. Removing players from the game is a huge advantage, even getting through armour and causing a stun.

IMO CLMO is good enough and not the whole PO.

Trashing AV9 is fun!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

Mmm tough call, so far I think I'm doing pretty ok against bashy teams but you're right on the "fun" part hehe. I'll think on it a bit longer I guess. I almost wished I had just gotten a normal roll (oh that's just asking Nuffle for bad rolls isn't it?). Then again I'd have to choose between guard and tackle... :lol: