Skaven inducements vs Khemri

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Skaven inducements vs Khemri

Post by Baduk »

Hello all,

I'm playing in a Fumbbl tournament with my skaven and I'm scheduled against a Khemri team. I've got about 100k of cash so I can buy a runner, I've only got two of them now so that's probably an easy decision.

So I hope you can help me with these two questions:
1. Should I buy another Gutterrunner (or linerat)?
2. Which inducements should I get?

The Teams:
Opponent on Fumbbl
My Skaven on Fumbbl

Khemri TV: 1910
Skaven TV: 1590
Gives us: 320k of inducements (right?)

Obvious choice would be wizard for the fireball (or rather lightning bolt?) I guess. That leaves us with 170k. Wandering apo and a Bloodwiser Babe? Fezglitch and a Babe? A card?

If I buy a 3rd GR that leave me with 25k of cash which I could use too (or rather save for the inevitable death of my star GR) but that won't give us much I think.

Spill your thoughts (also feel free to add tactics combined or separate from inducements). I want to win this one!

Reason: ''
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Skaven inducements vs Khemri

Post by Baduk »

Bubonic Brats
1 Darkatan Blitzer 7 3 3 8 Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On
2 Splynter Blitzer 7 3 3 8 Block, Guard
3 Zjip Gutter Runner 9 2 5 7 Dodge, +AG, Block, Side Step, Leap
4 Sardin S. Gutter Runner 9 4 4 7 Dodge, +ST, +ST, Block, Side Step
6 Mr Dangerous Beans Thrower 7 3 3 7 Pass, Sure Hands, Strong Arm, Block, Big Hand
7 Pitsius Thrower 7 3 3 7 Pass, Sure Hands, Block, Accurate Niggle
8 Bya Nka Lineman 7 3 3 7 Guard Niggle
9 Hamenpork II Lineman 7 3 3 7
10 Amazing Mortis II Lineman 7 3 3 7
11 Dawws Lineman 6 3 3 7 Block -ma
12 Mikk-Ie Lineman 6 3 3 7 -ma
13 Rooh-Dant Lineman 7 3 3 7

Khemri Cardinals
1 Canti is a nice wine Tomb Guardian 4 5 1 9 Regeneration, Decay
2 Echnaton III Tomb Guardian 4 5 1 9 Regeneration, Decay, Block, Guard, Break Tackle
3 Opel Vectra Tomb Guardian 4 6 1 9 Regeneration, Decay, Block, +ST
4 Miami Vice Tomb Guardian 4 5 1 9 Regeneration, Decay
5 Thoth Thro-Ra 6 3 3 7 Pass, Regeneration, Sure Hands, +AG, Block, Accurate, Kick-Off Return
6 Lurvas Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull
7 Veros Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull, Dirty Player
8 Gemanja Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull, Block
9 Eragord Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull, Guard, Block
10 Rigi Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull
11 Belzebaal II Skeleton 5 3 3 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull, +AG
12 Sobekehmet Skeleton 5 3 2 7 Regeneration, Thick Skull, Guard
13 Agamemnon Blitz-Ra 6 3 2 8 Block, Regeneration, Guard
14 Pthah Blitz-Ra 6 3 2 8 Block, Regeneration, Sure Hands, Guard, Stand Firm

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I’d certainly suggest buying a gutter as the khemri have no tackle or strip ball so that give you an extra ball carrier and the skaven team does live by its gutters. Plus that will bring you up to 13 players which is always good and appropriate for skaven. :D

Inducement wise the wizard is great and after that I’d probably suggest apoth or babes depending on how much you have left.

Looking at your team if you ever need to trim TV then the niggled thrower is a bit of a liability. If he’s going to be your primary ball carrier then he’ll get hit less but will still be a target on defence.Gutters tend to make better ball carriers and you have another thrower (I’d have taken guard or dodge over Strong arm).

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

Tnx spubbbba.

I think this is my first Fumbbl team so most any odd skillchoice should be blamed on noobism or bad advice from others :D

Niggles will go when I can afford them to go (pretty soon I guess).

So how will go about this game? If I get to pick should I receive and score quickly or try to score slowly?

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Necro10c »

I would definetely buy the GR. That leaves you with 240 and 4 scenarios as I see it:

a. 1 extra Apo and 2 Bloodweiser Babes
b. 1 Wizard and 1 Bloodweiser Babe
c. Skitter Stab-Stab and either an apo or 2 Bloodweiser Babes
d. Glart Smashrip Jr.

I would go with either c. and 2 Bloodweiser Babes or d.

The Gutter Runner is one of the best pieces in this game and the more you have the better, as some of them usually will be taken out during the game. They are the wizards of the skaven team, making lightning fast strikes and retrieving the ball where the opponent thought it would be safe.

Now, if youre good at the stalling game and good at using your opponents mistakes, then I would take Skitter for a fourth GR, and to mark any non-block ballhandlers/positionals (stab can be quite nice against his skeletons armor 7... Can be, not always!).

If you prefer the blocking game however, I would go with Glart Smashrip Jr. Now the thing here is 1. use your SV against his skellies and try not to leave him out in the open for a foul against your PO. 2. try to isolate TGs and use Glart against them. Dont get into a straight fight however, he out-guards you 2:1 and out str. you even more. Play like a rat and pick on the weak, while your gutter runners strike at the ball.

The reason I wouldnt choose Fetzglitch is that he has the str. and guard to deal with him the first round that he can reach him, 2 guards and a blitz and there goes 100k...

Oh and the 1 space away defence is always nice against slower teams... As is kicking his numbers 14, 11 or 5 if they hit the ground and dont go out. Anyways, that is my two bits of unexperienced skaven knowledge.

Cheerio,
Necro10c

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

Tnx Necro10c
I hadn't really thought of Skitter but you're right.. those skellies have av7.
I've never used him before though so I'll try to replay a game where someone used him.

I'm not good at stalling but even worse at blocking. I usually try to stall, make a crazy play and luck out or not. :orc:

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

Well I bought the apo yet I haven't decided yet what I will use for inducements. If adding 10k or 20k will get me another apo or a 2nd babe I'll probably do so. Winning will probably make up for that (positive spirit here).

So my favourite options with 240k of inducements:
1. A wizard(150k) and add 10k to petty cash so I can get either a wandering apo or babes (100k)
2. Glart (210k) and add 20k to petty cash for babe (50k)
3. Skitter Stab-Stab (160k) and add 20k to petty cash for wandering apo or babes (100k)

Skitter would seem good at taking out those ag3 players with av7. No need for assists which I'm not very good at so that's another plus.

Glart will improve the odds of taking out the Tomb Guardians. Even taking one out will help greatly.

Wizard should help me stop one Khemri drive and at least get the ball out of their reach.

Decisions decisions to make...

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I’m afraid it doesn’t work like that.

If you add 10K to your petty cash that increases your TV so reduces your inducements by the same amount. So in the 1st scenario you’d only have 90K left for mercs, a 50K card, 1 babe or a star up to 90K (if skaven have any that cheap).

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

oops, will have to re-read that part of the rules then. Thanks for explaining :D

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Necro10c »

Just to say:

Squbbba said the wizard was his choice and I partially agree with him, the wizard is probably the most reliable choice (except when he isnt), and especially against Khemri he can be nasty, however it depends on how you play, how you utilize your players, what your team consists of etc.

I have had wizards be used perfectly on me, but I still won as I was able to recover quickly from it. I have seen wizards be burned with that 1 coming in, or forgotten completely...

For me, a wizard is a one trick pony, while a star gives more possibilities. All that said, Khemri can have a hard time recovering from a well used wizard, and if you can come up 2-0 on the wizard youve almost won that match.

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

I think I would normally go with a safer use of inducements but like you said, Khemri can have a very hard time picking up the ball. Skaven are good at that (big hand or ag5) and the wizard can make popping that ball loose a bit easier. But if it hardly does anything that's a lot of blasted inducement money.

I'm not much of a blocker (I've just played my first game with orcs to learn, let's hope I start to get the hang of it ) so I'm a bit scared of getting Glart and not using him to his (full) potential. Mmmm having another ST4 player does add the chance of having at least one on the field throughout the game to break a cage or pop the ball loose.

Skitter is now my least favourite option.

Side note: why on earth don't Skaven have a cheap Starplayer?
Teams with access to starplayers under 100k (cheapest Skaven starplayer): Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact 2, Dwarf 2, Goblin 2, Khemri, Ogre, Orc, Norse, Undead, Underworld
Does that make sense? Or should I count the Bloodwise Babe as a starplayer (considering how usefull she can be for skaven? with them getting KO'd a lot). :?:

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I always see the wizard as having 2 effects, passive and active. The active is of course when you use the bolt or fireball and I have always thought this was of most benefit to agile teams against slow bashy ones. Since if it performs to its statistical average you have a good chance at either knocking over the ball carrier or leaving an easy 2D on him. Not only will this make it hard for the bash team to score but with gutters about you have a very good chance of a defensive TD, so it can effectively be worth 2.

The passive effect is more subtle and can be enhanced by a bit of psychological warfare (sadly this works better in tabletop). The fear of a fireball can hamper the bashy coaches ability to cage effectively and the risk of lightning bolt can be useful to stop a T8 or 16 stall. Often the fear of the wizard is more useful than the bearded spellcaster himself, when your 150K gains you nothing but some pretty mid-game fireworks.

You have a ST4 gutter so a looser cage will make it less risky for him to dodge. You’ve got a 75% chance of a 1D if it’s just 2 tackle zones (assuming 1 guard assist). Then the AG5 can pop in and grab any loose balls, effectively ending the game.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

Baduk how did the game go?

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

about to start in 45 minutes. I"ll let you know how it went (slightly nervous....)

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

I won... omg! Crazy game, winning td in last round. Wizard worked great, I didn't score with it though. Bloodwiser babe: amazing! 7 KO's all back in the game. Match report will follow. Thanks for the advice!

edit: more crazyness: that ST4 GR rolled 6+6 AGAIN!!! :pissed: :o