Nurgle advice, 110 TV + skills

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Valmar
Rookie
Rookie

Nurgle advice, 110 TV + skills

Post by Valmar »

Hello there!
I pretend to play a tournament in my country on January, and it will be my first ever with real mniatures (to the date I only play tournaments and leagues online, and just only friendly casual matchups alive with friends, very ocasionaly).

So, I need a bit of advice
First, the rules of the tournament will be:

*Complete roster Reset after each game (no permanent injuries, no retired players, no nurgle rot, and no SPP, no progression I mean).
*We will play 6 matches in the tournament, with equal W-L record coaches in each game (so if I lose the first, the second will be vs another 0-1 coach).

*1050 coins for buying players, RR, FF, and permanent inducements or star players for the entire tournament. No skills with this 1050 coins.
*60 extra coins: with this 60, you can buy either skills for your players, or adding to the 1050 for the above (players, etc.).
Cost of skills are:
normal: 20
double: 30
+MV, +AV: 30
+AG: 40
+ST: 50

*Also, after that you can add 6 extra skills for the roster (one of them could be double).
*No player in the team can have more than 60 coins in skills (so you can have 3 skills, or +AG+skill, or 2 doubles, for example, in a single piece.

I was thinking about some combination, but no idea what could be the real deal, if spare the skills or concentrate on 1-2 pieces.

I got these ideas:

A) 12 players
1x Beast: Break Tackle
4 x Nurgle Warrior: all with block, one with Leader + Block (Leader could also be on the Beast in spite of NG)
4 x Pestigor (one with Sure Hands)
3 x Rotters
1 x RR

B)
Same as A, but with 3 Pestigors, and 4 Rotters, for a total of 13 players.

C) 12 players
1x Beast: Block, Break Tackle
4x NW: all with Block, one with Leader + Block
3x Pestigor: (one with Sure Hands)
4x Rotter

I could also remove Block or Break Tackle on the Beast and give Wrestle to one pEstigor there.

I think there is no way to bring Tackle or Guard to the team, or even Kick, or avoid Block and giving MB to all lol. Alsdo no idea if I should get +MV on the Beast in spite of a double, or just avoid the Beast entirely and bring Max (the star player costing 130), or even a Wizard.

I thought about 2 RR + Leader, but not sure what could I remove from the team, every skill I mentioned looks necessary.
Also no idea if there is better combinations with the coins I have (+AG or even +ST there).

Remember that according to the tournament rules (1050+60+6 skills) in best-skill scenario, I can buy a 1050 team, and taking 60 in extra skills. Also 5+1 double. That could be 8 normal skills + 1 double, or 5 normal + 3 double. (Or even a stat paying it from the 60).
In worst-skill scenario, it will be 1100 TV for just the team plus 5 normal skills + a double skill.

I never played a tournament in which you can choose skills (and I'm not a good player), so I need some help from more experienced coaches.
However I'm not completely new in playing Nurgle, I have played Nurgle online for more or less 70-80 games, in different leagues, with some different teams, with better results early on than at higher TVs.

Thanks a lot.

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Nurgle advice, 110 TV + skills

Post by Smeborg »

First impression: Roster B.

Beast: Block and Stand Firm
Warriors: Block, Block, Block, Block
Pestigors: +AG, Wrestle, Wrestle
Rotters: -

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Valmar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Valmar »

Thanks a lot as usual, Smeborg!

I am more inclined now for the 13 players roster, the more I think about it.

The only problem with the skills you recommend is I missexplained well (I'm a disaster I guess, sorry). For 13 players it will be:
If I take
Beast: 140
3x pesti: 240
4x NW: 440
1xRR: 70
5Xrotters::200

It makes 1090
So I only have 20 left (1 extra normal skill)
I will have then available a total of 6 normal skills + 1 double skills, and no +stats.
I guess it will be sure hands, block x 4, wrestle on pesti (or break tackle on beast) and a double (block on beast or leader).

Another question is about Leader, I'm not sure if it's viable to play with 1 only RR and no Leader. But it looks the only way I can pick Leader with a 13 man roster is remove Block in the Beast... Not sure about it.

What do you think?

Also, I'm a bit surprised you prefer Stand Firm now over Break Tackle. Is this for the tournament better than in a league?

Thanks a lot!

Other option is 12 players in spite of 13, with a 40 extra cash for a couple more skills or the +AG.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Sorry, drop a Rotter to give 12 players, otherwise as first recommended. Block on the Beast and 4 Warriors is very powerful, and has a cumulative effect though each drive.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Valmar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Valmar »

I will take your advice, Smeborg, thanks as usually for taking your time for helping people.

Really appreciated.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Not sure about those rerolls, I think you need 3 with Nurgle.
I'd not take leader as a 2nd reroll. maybe as a 3rd.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

JaM wrote:Not sure about those rerolls, I think you need 3 with Nurgle.
I'd not take leader as a 2nd reroll. maybe as a 3rd.
JaM - I have never been able to take 3 RRs with Nurgle in a tourney. The team and its RRs are simply too expensive, and the positional players are more important than RRs. Thus I normally take 2 RRs in a tourney, but will drop to 1 in some formats.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless