Dark Elves 7 game progression tournament 1,000k

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Dark Elves 7 game progression tournament 1,000k

Post by Big A »

Hi,
I am playing in a tournament which is progression 1 million team value playing 7 games
and you get to choose your MVP.
Need an 11 man starting Cockerel.

I was thinking of taking Dark Elves.

I was keen for any advice on starting rosters and skill selection and purchase selection.

My initial thoughts were

1 runner
4 blitzers
6 lineelves
2 rerolls

With first skill being leader on the runner and first purchase apothecary.

Is a witchelf important in the starting roster to win games?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Happy New Year

A

Reason: ''
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Dark Elves 7 game progression tournament 1,000k

Post by ceetee »

Your roster looks solid. An alternative would be to replace a runner and blitzer with a lino and a witch, giving you one more dodge at the cost of a block, but they're much of a muchness. That said, starting without a witch means playing without her for about half the tournament.At low TV, you'll have to save hard to afford any new players - over 7 games, gaining on average 35000GC per game, you'll only make 210000GC all tournament.

Leader on the runner followed by purchase of apothecary is the right way forward.

As for skills, blodge everywhere you can works, giving you greater mobility, hitting power and survivability.

There's plenty of DE advice available on search here.

Best of luck in the tournie.

ct
JJB
Honorary Asmodan

Post by JJB »

I overall agree with ceetee's comments, with the addition of the following:
- Are you sure you want to stick with dark elves?
Expect a lot more pain than with another team. They're not great for tournaments due to their lack of skills and relative lack of speed - I personally love dark elves in leagues but would never play them in competitions of less than 15 games, preferring wood elves instead in regular (6-7 games) tournaments.
- Once you decide to or can skill up your linemen, I suggest you give one "kick", and then two others "dodge".
With only 6 in movement, they can't always run around opposing players and instead need to go through tackle zones from time to time.
"Block" can then follow.
- Don't let the runner do all the passing: once he's got "leader", let other players pass so you can distribute SPPs and skills across your team.

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

Thanks guys for the comments.

I will playtest rosters with and without the Witchelf.

The tournament is CanCon (Called CanCon but is the "southern wastes scrimmage") which one of the 5 major tournaments there is likely to be 60+ Coaches attending.

@JJB - I am working my way through playing the 24 teams at tournaments this will be my 15th different team and the Dark Elves time is now. I appreciate that wood elves are a much easier team to play.

Another option which is an "all or nothing" approach is swapping out a reroll to upgrade a linelf to a witchelf and relying on getting leader on the runner after game 1 (get a completion and then give the MVP) and then getting an apoth and hoping no positionals get injured in the first game and hoping with 60 players I get a good match up in game 1.

The guy who won last year did this with high elves (I think) ie 1 reroll and starting with more positionals.

Big A
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big A »

My Roster was

2 Witchelves,
2 Blitzers
1 Runner
1 Assassin
5 Lineelves
1 Reroll.
10k left over

This was a high risk roster and could have fallen apart after game one. I was lucky and my team began to get some momentum up.

I managed to win game 1 3-1 (vs humans) and get enough for an apoth and get leader on the runner and a skill on a witch elf. (a double and took juggernaut)
All was going very well.

Basically the roster served me well. The assassin was a great distraction and a key member of my team.

Day 1 ended up 2/1/0.

Day 2 was the same but attrition really got stuck into my team. with a witchelf dying in each game. but going into the last round on 4/2/0

For the seventh and final game I was on top table and had a team with 4 journeymen vs a skaven team with 2 journeymen. (a witchelf, an assassin a blitzer and 2 line elf were killed or SI'ed in game 6) I was lucky enough to have enough money to buy a replacement witchelf for the last game. However she failed a 2+ dodge on the way to crowd surf a gutter runner and died.

I was comprehesively beaten by my friend MMM who won 2-0 and took out the tournament becoming the 2013 Australian Champion.

I ended up 4/2/1 and around 7th or 8th out of 55 coaches and was very happy with that result.