Orc 1200K TV res

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Orc 1200K TV res

Post by Lard »

Hi
Going to DOUBT that is a 1200K TV with 0-1 starplayer tournament. You then get +4 skills. I´m goning to play orc and have some different list I want some feedback on:

Starfree basic setup
4 Bob (2 block)
4 Blitzers (guard, Frenzy)
2 Orc Throwers
2 Goblins
Troll
3 rerolls
1 apo

Ripper setup, has 12 players, 3 rr:s, no apo but ripper:
4 BOB (2*Block)
4 Blitzer (Frenzy)
1 Thrower (Leader)
1 Lineorc
1 Goblin
1 Ripper
2 reroll
1 Cheerleader (or chance goblin to lineorc)

Ugroth setup has 13 players, 3 rr:s, apo.
4 BOB (2*block, 1 Guard)
4 Blitzers
2 Thrower (Leader)
1 Goblin
1 troll
1 Ugroth
2 reroll
1 Apo

What would you choose/change?

Reason: ''
Setomidor
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Orc 1200K TV res

Post by Setomidor »

I like the Ugroth team the most, but I would make a few changes:

- Drop the Apo and degrade one of the thowers to Lineorc. Instead, get another RR. With so much AV 9 in the team you probably won't benefit that much from the Apo.
- Move Guard from a BOB to a Blitzer. MV6 and Block makes the Blitzer a more reliable Guard.
- Change Leader to Tackle on a Blitzer, otherwise you have nothing to use against Blodgers.

See you at DOUBT :)

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

I think I will play:

4 BOB (2*block, 1 Guard)
4 Blitzers (Frenzy)
1 Thrower
1 line orc
1 Goblin
1 troll
1 Ugroth
3 reroll
1 Fan factor

For blodgers I have that chainsaw... And I like frenzy over tackle as there are more matchups when you can use it.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

You might want to consider either block on the thrower or even sure hands on a blitzer.

If you face wood elves or slann they will have leapers, possibly with strip ball.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Those wardancers are allways a pain, but I dont think the fear of them is enought to change one of the few skills I get. In all other matchups the guard, block on the BoB:s are so good, and frenzy works againt wood elfs too. Surf those blodgers FTW.

After game 3 I will get 2 more skills and if it seems that I have a risk at meeting Wood elfs I would take block on the thrower. Otherwise I think +2 guard is my choice.

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Played with this setup
4 BOB (2*block)
4 Blitzers (Frenzy. Guard)
1 Thrower
1 line orc
1 Goblin
1 troll
1 Ugroth
3 reroll
1 Fan factor

Didnt meet any wood elfs. I faced Human, Chaos Dwarf, Norse, Dark elves, Dwarves and Norse in that order. Got 2*guard as my bonus skills after game 4 as I was up against Dwarves in game 5.

Played 3-3-0 and missed the final with 1 pts. I had 62 and second place had 63. After game 6 when I meet Norse and won with 2-0 (5-0) I had the highest point score. It was a damn strong 3:d place.

Ugroth proved to be the monster he is. During this turnaments 6 games he Cased: Chaos Dwarf blocker with guard, 2 ! snow trolls and 3 diffrent linemen. He aslo knocked out at least one ulfwerner, a with elf and a hob gob.

The ork team is real good in this format. During the whole six games I just conceded 2 TD and 2 CAS and did 8 TD and 15 CAS (not counting the chainsaw or other fouls).
The only regret is that I missed the final with so little, and that my game against the dwarves prior to the final ended 0-0 after a GFI fail in the TD zone with my blitzer. It was a good tournament.