High Elf, 1.1M, resurrection

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

High Elf, 1.1M, resurrection

Post by Hitonagashi »

Hey folks, playing around with builds atm.

I've only taken HE to one tourney before, so I'm thinking about taking them again, but really not sure where to go with build/skills. Maximum of 2 of a skill, no skill stacking.

I've got 1.1M and either 7 normals, or 3 normals and 2 doubles to play with so:

For the build, I'm looking at:
2x Blitzer, 2x Catcher, 1x Thrower, 6x Lino, Apo, 3RRs - 1100k

I could also take a reserve Catcher and drop the apo/RR, but I don't think that's quite as good. Not sure though...

Skill wise, either:
Block/Guard Blitzer
Block/Guard Blitzer
Block Catcher
Block Catcher
Leader Thrower

or:
Tackle Blitzer
Dodge Blitzer
Dodge Catcher
Frenzy Catcher (or maybe Block? I like having a MV 8 Frenzy, but not sure if it'll get me into trouble with no block)
Leader Thrower
Kick Lino
Block Lino

What do people think? I've never had to plan Elf skills out before..

Reason: ''
natsirtm
Experienced
Experienced

Re: High Elf, 1.1M, resurrection

Post by natsirtm »

Hey joe, I think you mean 6 normals, or 3 normals & 2 doubles (assuming you are talking CCKO)

Assuming worst case there are <=24 coaches, the skills draft will be 2x each upgrade.
2ST, 2AG, 2 Block, 2 Dodge, 2 Guard, 2 Tackle <- these are the most likely taken upgrades early.
If you aren't in the bottom 8-12 coaches, I doubt you will get a chance at any of these skills. Make sure you take them in your initial build.

My main concerns for you would be block/dodge, and at least 1 tackle (or frenzy in a pinch - though I think there's a chance of picking up a frenzy in skill draft)
Get your block and dodge in now. With 3 RR I would skip leader. I like your second roster (except you took one too many skills)

I would probably go
blitzer - dodge
blitzer - tackle or frenzy
catcher - block
catcher - block or dodge
lino - block (if above is dodge) or wrestle)
lino - ? (not sure kick is optimal with HE, but definite possibility - if you take frenzy on blitzer I'd take tackle)

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Thanks for the feedback Tristan, interesting thoughts.

There's actually 7...some races get an extra normal to help them out, and HE are one of those.

I was tempted to skip leader, but I couldn't see a better skill. I suppose I can always stack block on another lino! The idea behind it was that I am short on block/dodge, so it gives me RR's to spend doing crazy elf stuff (multiple 2+ dodges in a turn etc). I never run out of rerolls with elves :D.

Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Blitzer - Dodge
Blitzer - Leap
Catcher - Dodge
Catcher - Dodge
Catcher - Dodge/Wrestle
Thrower - Sure Hands
Thrower - Leader
5x Lineman

2x RR

I think a 12th player is better than an apothecary. Leader should cover for the 3rd RR.

I never liked Leap on a Blitzer, but I was recently convinced of it's use. That Blitzer came back attacking my ball carrier turn after turn...

I'd take Dodge on all three Catchers, but if you feel you really need Wrestle, a Catcher should get it.

Other skills are pretty obvious I think.

Good luck 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

That's pretty much the way I would go, altthough might be tempted to Tackle on the leap blitzer.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Limit 2 skills each, 7 normal skills, right?
1.1M
Skill limit makes a big diff. Otherwise spam Dodge, with one or two Tackle for people like you.

2 Blitzers, 1 Catcher, 8 Linos
4 TRR, Apoth
Blitzers: Tackle or Dodge (both the same, no half-measures!)
Linos: 2x Wrestle, 1x Block, 1x Kick
Catcher: Block

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.