Chaos for HopeBowl

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Chaos for HopeBowl

Post by Genghis »

Alright... since my goats and tin cans are the only team I have that are even close to completion, they're coming with me to HopeBowl on the 26th. The full tournament rules are here, but I'll quote the relevant bits below.
You will have 1,150K to build your team including upgrades with the standard costs listed in the CRP(i.e. +1 ST @ 50K, +1 AG @ 40K, +1 MA / +1 AV / Double Skill @30K, Normal Skill @ 20K). No player may receive more than two upgrades. No inducements or Star Players may be purchased.

Each Coach will have another Coach as his/her team-mate. Keeping in with the spirit of donating, you will have to donate a portion of your 1,150K to your team-mate. Your donation amount must be declared prior to knowing who your team-mate is. There will be three levels of donations available:

1. Bronze Level Donation (50K): Your team-mate will receive a 50K inducement card from the deck of his or her choice at the start of each game (a different deck may be selected each game). As a thank you for your donation, you will receive 3 Normal Skills (worth 60K) that are added to your starting roster.

2. Silver Level Donation (100K): Your team-mate will receive a 100K inducement card from the “Good Karma” deck at the beginning of every game. As a thank you for your donation you will receive 4 Normal Skills and 1 Double Skill, (a value of 110K) that are added to your starting roster.

3. Gold Level Donation (150K): Your team-mate will receive a WIZARD inducement at the beginning of every game in the tournament! As a thank you for your donation, you will receive 5 Normal Skills and 2 Double Skills (worth 160K) that are added to your starting roster.
Basic plan so far is to use the Gold donation to get 5 Normal (4x Block for the CW, 1x Surehands for a BM) and 2x Leader (for BM? CW?) to cut down or eliminate the need to buy TRR.

4x CW Block
1x BM Surehands
6x BM

... with 2x Leader to assign and 180K for other purchases/skills.

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
Will drink beer for food.

The Tragically Hit - Amorical Cup '17 Team Champions
Best Defense - Underworld Cup '16

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Chaos for HopeBowl

Post by Darkson »

Multiple Leader only gets you one reroll, so the second is a waste. I'd probably putt Dodge on one of the Block warriors.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Genghis »

Darkson wrote:Multiple Leader only gets you one reroll, so the second is a waste.
I should apparently read the rules for skills I don't normally take, eh? :D

Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Genghis »

I think I'm going to go:

CW Block Leader
CW Block Dodge
CW Block Guard
CW Block Guard
BM Surehands
BM Wrestle Tackle
BM Wrestle
BM Wrestle
BM
BM
BM
RR x 1

May drop a skill somewhere to put Block on the ball carrier.