Dark elves 110K plus 6 normal skills-advice needed

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

sturmjarl
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dark elves 110K plus 6 normal skills-advice needed

Post by sturmjarl »

Alrighty!
So pretty small turn-out of 6 coaches, but we really had a good time. Teams were 2X Dark Elves, 1X Orc, Necro, Khemri, and Slann. I came in 2nd place with a 2-0-1 record, lost to the Orc team with the same record, but more bonus points.

First match was against that same Orc team. Very good coach. I ended up +2 FAME, but the Kick-offs never helped me! I played pretty well, but I kept losing focus which were Black orcs and Blitzers. My opponent was great with pointing it out, but I just kept forgetting and took my lumps for it. Orc coach failed a go for it for the win, and a gutsy pick-up and pass by me almost got me the win, but time expired after I failed a dodge for a score. Tacklers were troublesome. 1-1 Tie, loss on casualties.

Second match against a Necro team where I won FAME and some rerolls, plus I had good dice and Necro coach had some very bad luck. Up 2-0 early and could have held them scoreless and scored myself but I didn't play well near the end. Time expired.
2-1 win, no casualties either side.

Third match versus Dark Elves. Odd skill choices (1 Runner with Accurate, 1 Blitzer +Shadowing, 1 Blitzer +Frenzy, 2x Blodging Witches). Actually LOSS FAME, and loss some rerolls! Shadowing & Frenzy blitzers were more effective than I thought they would be, but I by chance Casualtied his Leader Runner very early even before he used the reroll. Ended up dishing out THREE casualties! with a 2-1 win. Bad kick-offs by both players led to scores. My opponent might have tied me if time didn't expire although I also might have had time to score a third time. I had a hard time Wrestling his Witch elves. Won 2-1 +3-0 casualties.

Overall, I was very pleased with the Skill choices/Roster. Never used the Apothecary. I was lucky to receive first in every match. Wrestle was GREAT, especially against the Necro werewolves and blitzers. The MVP though was the Guard Blitzer. Every opponent made him a priority and he was very useful in support and as a distraction.

Reason: ''
"Don't blame the dice!? Blame the figure which cost you $15.00 on eBay and took you two weeks to convert and paint!!"
Dudegrip
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dudegrip »

Thanks for the great tournament report, which let us know how your choices played out. Congratulations! And glad my support of Guard on one DE Blitzer worked out for you.

EricK
The best wine is the oldest, the best water the newest.
William Blake “Proverbs of Hell”

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Sturmjarl,

How funny is that it that we ended up playing each other at OwlCon but I ended I up taking my Orcs instead of DE.

For the rest of you Sturmjarl and I played in the first round at the OwlCon Cup at Rice Univ at OwlCon to a 1-1 Draw but I edged him with 2-0 casualties which gave me a bonus and was pretty much the difference between me finishing 1st and Sturmjarl finishing 2nd overall! We played a great tight match that pitted his agility and passing against my strength and cage!

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
sturmjarl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sturmjarl »

Hey Matt!
It was a real pleasure playing you with a beautifully painted and converted team! I was also lucky with the match-ups (no dwarves and I dodged the Slann which I have absolutely no experience with.) I figured we were both out of contention after Round 1, with the Slann team winning it all. Congratulations, You deserved that championship! You pretty much had me on the ropes after my first successful drive. You hardly used your re-rolls! I was fortunate to force you to score Turn 7 which gave me 2 chances to bring back some knock-outs, but you had me until those double 1's near the end-zone. That's Nuffle for you! I feel Wrestle, Tackle and Guard were key skill choices at this tourney/format. Side step and babes would have been nice to have too (a witch and lineman missed 2 drives against the other Dark elves!), but you can never take everything you want!
Regards
Pat

"Don't blame the dice!? Blame the figure which cost you $15.00 on eBay and took you two weeks to convert and paint!!"