ARBBL 115k Wood Elf!

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

jecked
Experienced
Experienced

ARBBL 115k Wood Elf!

Post by jecked »

This'll be my first outing to a tournament and I'll only be traveling down for one day(3 games) so it's not
massively important how I do.

Anyways, it's 115k, 1 skill before each game with a double on the second.

I fancy taking..

1x tree (new model, chances are it'll be the first time using him, worth a laugh i reckon!)
2x wardancer
3x catcher
1x thrower
4x line elves
2x RR
1x Apo(or 3 RR?)
That's 115k dead on by my count?

As for skills I'm thinking;
1st Strip Ball WD
2nd(double) Pro on the tree? Guard on someone for the obvious choice and for a fairly easy 3-dice by the tree?
3rd Block on a catcher

Thoughts people? :)

Reason: ''
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Re: ARBBL 115k Wood Elf!

Post by Don__Vito »

Do you get to see your opponent before the skill choice or is it fixed? Strip as first skill is great, unless you run into something with Sure Hands then it becomes less useful.

Doubles on Woodies I tend to take Guarding Catchers. Mighty Blow Wardancers are a bit fruity too, but the mobility and range of the Guarding Catcher wins out in most cases. Skilling the tree is never worthwhile on Woodies, especially as limited skill events. He will never be where the action is and is there simply to soak up hits and deny an area of the board.

Third skill is entirely up for grabs! Kick I'd great vs some bash teams, rubbish vs some AG teams. Blodging Catchers are handy, even more so when there should be a lack of Tackle and Wrestle. More Dodge on your linemen is useful if you like to stand off on defence, leader on the Thrower if you find your rerolls lacking, or finally 'something' on the second Dancer. Tackle, Frenzy, even Sidestep are all great choices.

And my preference would be to take an Apothecary, but don't be afraid to use it. A KO guarantees you get him to work!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

All skills chosen prior to round 1 draw.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

In that case, Strip Dancer then Guard Catcher. Then either Frenzy the second Dancer or take Leader?

jecked
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jecked »

Cheers for that mate, much appreciated and gave me a few things to think about that I'd have not considered before.
Strip ball, guard definitely seems the way to go for the first two, with the third one being up for grabs entirely. Frenzy is always a bit of a laugh and worth a decent consideration. It'll only be for the one game so I guess it's not as important as the others.