1.1M Khemri, no skill packs

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

I am playing in a tournament this Saturday (hopefully) and am looking at taking Khemri. Any skills need to be taken from your 1.1M and any skill can only be taken twice. In the third round you get to assign one of 2 mutations you chose (ahead of time) to two of your lineman.

Right now the roster looks like:
Tomb Guardian - Mighty Blow
Tomb Guardian - Mighty Blow
Tomb Guardian - Guard
Blitz-Ra - Tackle
Blitz-Ra - Strip Ball
Thro-Ra - Leader
Thro-Ra - Block
Skeleton - Wrestle
Skeleton - Dirty Player
Skeleton - (Foul Appearance/Disturbing Presence)
Skeleton - (Foul Appearance/Claw)
2 TRR
1.1M

My only thought is if I want to give up 2 skills for a 1 skeleton bench, but I think I will be better served with the skills. Or I could drop a skeleton and 3 skills and grab a tomb guardian.

Any feedback is appreciated, even if it's not used or I call you a troll :D

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Personal preference, I'd take grab over MB on one TG.

Have you considered Extra Arms?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: 1.1M Khemri, no skill packs

Post by nick_nameless »

Shteve0 wrote:Personal preference, I'd take grab over MB on one TG.

Have you considered Extra Arms?
I did, and also Big Hand.

My strategy with the mutations is to either go FA + Claw or DP + FA. There is a chance if I get a Norse team in the third round that I would go FA + FA. Mainly I am trying to win the numbers game.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

TG x 4, B-Ra x 1, T-Ra x1, Skel x 5, TRR x 2: 900k, leaves 10 skills

TGs: MBx2, Guard, Grab
B-Ra: Guard, Tackle, or Frenzy (to taste)
T-Ra: Leader
Skels: 3x Wrestle, 1x DP, 1x rookie

Alternately, drop the B-Ra in favor of a Block T-Ra, and skill up your rookie Skel to a second DP.

Alternate alternate...

4x TG: 400k
1x TR: 70k
7x Skel: 280k
2x TRR: 140k
Leaves you 1 FF (worth it with this team), 10 skills, and a bench. This is better if you foul a lot, maybe. No skill-stacking, but in this format, a 30k premium isn't worth it. Blitz-Ras just don't punch their weight unless you really have a great combo plan or are playing with total rookies, with no access to Block.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I think you need to have 4 guardians, 2 blitz-ras and at least 1 thro-ra.

I’d go

4 guardians
2 blitz-ras
2-thro-ras (1 with leader)
4 skeletons

2 rerolls.

That comes to 1040 which leaves you with 3 skills, maybe tackle on a blitz-ra, block on a thro-ra and MB on a guardian? You could drop both 1 thro-ras for a Skelton to give the guardians more MB/guard. I like MB better on the blitz-ras as they have block and are more mobile so you can make sure it is used against targets that count.

I don’t think you need strip ball and wrestle along with dp are not that great. Mutations are tough to decide on, extra arms is an option or possibly tents to stick on ST2 catcher types.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

I ended up sticking with my build and it went pretty well. 3-0, with a 2-0 win over Orcs, 2-0 win over Underworld, and a 2-1 win over Necromantic.