1150k Slann with Inducements

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Johnny KTOU
Experienced
Experienced

1150k Slann with Inducements

Post by Johnny KTOU »

Hi, thought I'd start another topic about Slanns (can't seem to be fed up of playing this team :) ). Tourney in June, 1150k, but we have to buy an inducment (star players can be the 11th player). Skills are 4 normals, 1 double (no stack).

1- Krox, 4 catchers, 5 linefrogs, Hemlock, 3 RR, apo, 2 FF (2 dodge an 1 guard on catchers, 2 wrestle on line)
2- Krox, 4 catchers, 6 linefrogs, 4 RR, apo, 3 FF, Special play card (same skills)
3- Same as 2, but replacing the FF and 1 catcher by a blitzer
4- 3 blitzers, 2 catchers, 6 linefrogs, 4 RR, Special play card (1 dodge, 1 guard on catchers, 1 block, 2 wrestle on blitzers)
5- Same as 4, but replace 1 line and the card by Helmut Wulf

Was first leaning towards the second one (my usual roster, added a card I thought would be the most useful) and then thought about Hemlock and how disruptive he can be (but I'll then have to sacrifice a reroll). The other variants are to try and eliminate as many St2 players as I could and still be competitive by using blitzers.

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: 1150k Slann with Inducements

Post by spubbbba »

I don't know much about Slann but maybe take babes instead of the card?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Hemlock looks good on paper, and may work against some teams, but he is easily taken out in practice (I speak as an opponent).

My inclination would be to take:

4 Catchers
8 Linefrogs
Apoth
5 RR

with 50,000 left to spend on what you will.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Kroxigor - Leader (or block if you prefer)
4 catchers - 2 dodge
7 lineman - 2 wrestle
3 RR
Apoth
1 AC 1 CL
1 Babe

This is the team (minus the babe, plus a lineman) that won me a tourney 2 weeks ago.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

I do really like the team of Rolex.

But why not not something similar 4 catcheur+7linemen+Sibli+3 RR+1FF ?
Sibli is a saurus with block+guard+grab+stab, and without bonehead like a kroxi... so a better "bigguy" but no babe & no apo...

Johnny KTOU
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Johnny KTOU »

Humm... Didn't actually think about using the double skill and exchanging the reroll with leader and a an extra linefrog. I wonder if I would be missing guard on a catcher though. Most teams have a guard for their cage... How about swapping a wrestle for strip ball? Too situational, when wrestle offers a bit more reliability? How about a card instead of the babe (12 players + apo is already pretty solid)?

Regarding Slibli, I thought that'd be perfectat first: he would bring the extra guard, stand firm (that can be annoying for the opponent), a very good MA, block and no negatrait for a bit of reliability and some needed strength. But 250k is a lot! It means sacrificing the babe and the apo which makes for a much more fragile team for a start. Also, compared to the krox, will I be missing st5, prehensile tail, MB?

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Johnny KTOU wrote:Humm... Didn't actually think about using the double skill and exchanging the reroll with leader and a an extra linefrog. I wonder if I would be missing guard on a catcher though. Most teams have a guard for their cage... How about swapping a wrestle for strip ball? Too situational, when wrestle offers a bit more reliability? How about a card instead of the babe (12 players + apo is already pretty solid)?

Regarding Slibli, I thought that'd be perfectat first: he would bring the extra guard, stand firm (that can be annoying for the opponent), a very good MA, block and no negatrait for a bit of reliability and some needed strength. But 250k is a lot! It means sacrificing the babe and the apo which makes for a much more fragile team for a start. Also, compared to the krox, will I be missing st5, prehensile tail, MB?
The opponent's guard must be taken out of the game by man marking (kroxigor job).
I took the babe because the inducemente are compulsory. If I could I would have taken none and more frogs.
13 players would be great (even without the apo). The 2 skilless catchers spend the first half in the bench were they can't get hurt.
I think you don't have enough skills to begin with to give SB, that is situational and can be negated by SH.
Wrestle works a little less, but saves you RR. You will need them.

Slibli is simply too expensive, for a guy that can be taken out of the game by a zombie.

Johnny KTOU
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Johnny KTOU »

Agreeing on all points. Looks like that's my list sorted then :D Thank you all!