Help with my first Skaven Tornament team.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

jaunty
Rookie
Rookie

Help with my first Skaven Tornament team.

Post by jaunty »

Hi
I will be attending my first Blood Bowl tornament and thought Id post up here to get the addvice from some of you guys on here.
The rules pack is bellow,

1. Competiton Rules pack (aka LRB6.0) + Chaos Pact, Slann & Underworld.
2. 1.1M GC teams.
3. 12/6/0 scoring +1 pt for TDs and Cas (up to a cap of +3 of each).
4. 4 normal and 2 double skills per team (you may take normal skills instead of doubles if you prefer).
5. A skill may only be taken twice (eg: Guard may be added to two Dorfs, but not 3). Skill stacking is not allowed (eg: a Dorf with Guard may not have another skill).
6. 1 skill can vetoed by you opponent at the start of each game.
7. All inducements allowed, including star players (teams must be 11 strong PLUS stars).

This is what I had in mind,
Team 1
4 Gutter runners 320,000
2 Blitzers 180,000
5 Line rats 250,000
Skuttlespike 200,000
2 Re-rolls 120,000
30,000 GC left.

iam also not sure what skills to take any ideas thanks.

Reason: ''
RogueThirteen
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Help with my first Skaven Tornament team.

Post by RogueThirteen »

As a heads up, this sort of inquiry would be best suited to the 'tactics' section of the forum, which can be found near the bottom of the board index:

Blood Bowl [Subforum] --> Tactics & Team Development (Tournament)

There might also be a lot of other helpful threads on the topic already there which may give you more resources to draw from as you prepare.

Nonetheless, welcome and best of luck in your upcoming tournament! Skaven are one of the few teams I haven't played, so I'll refrain from offering any advice and leave it to the experts.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Re: Help with my first Skaven Tornament team.

Post by Don__Vito »

Hakflem isn't usually seen at tournaments so if you do go with that roster let us know how it goes! One small amendment you want to make is to use some of your spare money to upgrade a linerat to a thrower so you can get Leader on a single. Two rerolls is never enough!

If you do change the roster then bringing in a Rat Ogre for the star and adding an Apothecary makes it a pretty standard roster. Block on the big man will almost certainly be vetoed every round, but would mean your second double would always be in the team. Something like a Guarding Gutter can get where he needs to be, or something like a Horns Vermin is sometimes very useful?

I always like skills like Guard and either Tackle or Mighty Blow on my two Blitzers, then any of the following on the Gutters depending on your mood, Block, Wrestle, Dauntless, Strip Ball, Kick, Side Step. Linerats shouldn't be skilled, they should be killed. Expendable linefodder and nothing more!

A third alternative is go for a star but take one of the two more popular ones, either Skitter or Fezglitch. Fez is awesome against bash teams and can really create space before you deliver a killer blitz. Skitter fulfils the role of spare gutter nicely and comes with the added bonus of an action that cannever cause a turnover but can remove players from the field. He's also incredible vs Stunty teams who can't shake him off!